The Elementary Education Department supports teachers and schools in providing a quality program for every elementary student in Union County Public Schools. The department helps schools develop a quality curriculum and researched-based instructional practices in order to establish a solid educational foundation for every student.
Support of teachers and schools include:
- Creating curriculum and support guides
- Delivering professional development
- Reviewing and providing materials and resources to support instruction
- Analyzing and interpreting data
- Creating benchmark and other formative assessments
- Supporting the implementation and delivery of the North Carolina Standard Course of Study
The Elementary Education Department works collaboratively with schools to ensure students have equal opportunities to an educational program that provides the academic development, knowledge, and skills necessary for success in the 21st Century.
Union County Public Schools values the feedback of our students, parents and staff. In an effort to continue high quality, rigorous learning experiences and social-emotional support for students, the school district has partnered with Panorama Education to administer a survey to 3rd – 12th graders. The survey window is Sept. 28 – Oct. 8 and will take approximately 20 minutes to complete. The link will be sent via Canvas and students will need their Student ID for access. Panorama safeguards student privacy and all responses will be kept confidential.
Click HERE to review survey questions.