UCPS School Closeout Document: June 1, 2020
Union County Public Schools will close out schools from June 1 - 15, 2020. Each principal will organize the details of their school’s schedule and communicate information directly to parents and school staff. Please review the document for guidance on a number of topics related to the end of the school year. If you have questions, please reach out to your principal.
Statement about UCPS Graduations: May 29, 2020
The Union County Board of Education voted on graduation plans for the Class of 2020 at an emergency called meeting on May 28.
The Board approved a plan to hold traditional graduation ceremonies in high school stadiums, with safety procedures in place for social distancing.
High school staff is now working to execute plans for the graduations. In order to make this a safe and memorable event for our seniors and their families, staff will need time to work on logistics that will extend beyond the original dates for the 2020 ceremonies. It is our goal to hold graduations by the end of June.
Graduation schedules, including rain dates, safety protocols, number of guests, information about live streaming and other details will be released as soon as information is available.
Once plans are in place, each high school will share information with seniors and their parents.
Click here to view the May 28 Board of Education Meeting.
- UCPS FAQ about Coronavirus
- CDC Coronavirus Fact Sheet
- CDC Coronavirus Fact Sheet - Spanish
- Wash Your Hands Poster
- Wash Your Hands Poster - Spanish
- Clean Hands Keep You Healthy
- State Board of Education Approves Steps to Cope with COVID-19 Fallout
- Governor Cooper Update - March 23, 2020
- Governor Cooper Update - March 23, 20202 (Spanish)
- UCPS Student Helpdesk (For technology assistance)
- Union County Coronavirus Hotline: Available 8:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m. 704-292-2550
- Central for Disease Control and Prevention
- North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services
- Parent Tips for Talking to Your Children About the Coronavirus