Fast Facts about East Elementary
East Elementary Mission: Our purpose is to Empower students to become productive, lifelong learners, and successful members of society.
Vision: At East Elementary we will prepare children to "SOAR" by identifying and meeting student's individual social and academic needs through a safe and productive school environment. All stakeholders will Empower students to become successful, lifelong learners who are eqipped for careers of the future.
Motto: One Team on One Mission.
East Elementary School General Information:
- Mascot: Eagle
- School Colors: Red, White, Navy Blue and Black
- Number of Students: 425
- Student / Teacher Ratio: East is committed to keeping class sizes small, with no more than 24 students in a class.
- Dress Code: School Colors
- Address: 515 Elizabeth Avenue Monroe, NC 28112
- Business Phone Number: 704-296-3110
- Fax Number: 704-296-3112
- Schedule: Traditional Calendar
- School Hours: Arrival and breakfast-7:00 a.m. Tardy bell/Instruction-7:20 a.m.; Dismissal- 2:00 p.m.
- Office Hours: The main office is open during the normal school day from 7:00 a.m.-3:30 p.m.
- Summer Hours of Operation: Days and hours do vary. Times and dates will be posted on the school website at the end of the school year.
East students will be exposed to the following content areas: Math, Literacy/Language Arts, Science, Social Studies, Art, Computers, Music, STEM and Physical Education. East has been designated a School of Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics. STEM concepts are integrated in all areas of the curriculum and instruction. The school follows the Positive Behavior Instructional Support (PBIS) philosophy for classroom management and discpline, a system which emphasizes positive student behavior and it is rewarded.
Home / School Communication
- East Elementary School website (events and policies)--http://ees.ucps.k12.nc.us/
- East Elementary School has a Facebook fan page and Twitter account. please feel free to "Like" or join! -- https://www.facebook.com/EastES.NC
- Progress Reports--Student progress is sent home in the form of a progress report, four and half weeks into every grading period.
- Report Cards--Student progress in all areas is sent home in the form of a report card at the end of every grading period.
- Student Planner/Agenda--School and county policies are included in your child’s planner for easy reference. In addition, teachers often communicate by writing notes in your child’s planner and asking you to sign the planner once you have read it yourself. Using the student planner properly and regularly is the key to staying organized and informed at East!
- Blackboard Connect Ed--A UCPS service that allows our principal to pre-record important messages for the entire student body and have them electronically sent to your phone line and email at a predetermined time. Parents, please be sure the school has your most up-to-date contact information.
- Please call the school to make appointments in advance if you need to meet with an administrator, counselor, or teacher. We encourage parent involvement at East, but drop-in visits are discouraged. Visitors may only be in the classrooms during instructional time if it has been approved by the adminstration.