- Kaitlyn Brinsfield- Media Coordinator
The vision of Marvin Ridge High School's Media Program is to promote a life-long love of reading and learning, and to empower students with the necessary skills to be future ready and globally competitive in an ever changing world.
The mission of Marvin Ridge High School's Media Program is to provide resources that enhance the ability of all students and staff to be effective users of ideas and information. The school librarian empowers students to be critical thinkers, enthusiastic readers, skillful researchers, and ethical users of information.
- Monday through Thursday 7:30 AM - 3:10 PM
- Friday 7:30 - 3:00
- PRINTING is before school, after school, and during your lunch (7:30-7:55am; 2:55-3:10pm)
- Students are required to have a pass to utilize the Media Center during the school day.
- Books are checked out for a three-week period and can be renewed.
- Students are expected to pay for lost or damaged books.
- Overdue notices will be sent out once a month.
- PRINTING is before school, after school, and during your lunch.
- Curriculum Support
- Team Teaching
- Literacy Instruction
- Professional Reference and Research
- Path Finders designed for your curriculum area
- Faculty In-Services
- Professional Library
- Place to relax and work
Search for Books and eBooks
Google Tips & TricksInternet Country Codes - Use these codes to conduct a search when you want your results to be from another country (example site:IR will retrieve results from Iran)Search Engine Shortcuts - Use these modifiers to broaden or narrow your search results
Citation and Plagiarism Resources
- Copyright Presentation from UCPS
- Plagiarism Presentation
- Image Citation Presentation from UCPS
- Photos for Class.com
- Purdue OWL: MLA Citation Guide
- Purdue OWL: APA Citation Guide
- Taking the Mystery out of Copyright
Media Center Monthly Newsletter
February 2023 - https://www.smore.com/1jwgy
January 2023 - https://www.smore.com/rk48d
December 2022- https://www.smore.com/74fnc
November 2022- https://www.smore.com/b9g5j-mrhs-media-message
October 2022- https://www.smore.com/j3de1