How to Enroll your Child

  • You are not alone! Each year hundreds of new students will transfer to the Union County Public School system.

    Of these students, we estimate at least 12% will have disabilities. If your child has previously been served in a program for children with special needs, we welcome you!

    What do I take to school?

    • All evaluation information
      • Examples: test scores, psychological reports, and medical information
    • Address / phone number of previous school
      • You will list this on a Consent for Release of Information form so that the Union County school can receive the complete Exceptional Children's folder from your child's previous school.
    • Name and phone number of your child's Exceptional Children's teacher in the previous school
      • Sometimes it is helpful for the two teachers to talk about teaching strategies that worked with your child.