Filing a Complaint

  • On Section 504 matters you have the right to file a complaint with the district's Section 504 Coordinator who will investigate the allegations in an effort to reach a prompt and equitable resolution.

    ResolutionIf you wish to challenge the actions of the district's Section 504 Committee in regard to your child's identification, evaluation, or educational placement, you should file a written Notice of Appeal with the district's Section 504 Coordinator after your receive written notice of the Section 504 Committee's action(s).

    You have a right to file an appeal in accordance with the following Union County Public Schools Policy 1-18.

    In order to file a complaint, click here for Section 504 Grievance Procedures.  (Section 504 Grievance Procedures - Spanish)
    In order to request a due process hearing, click here for the Due Process Hearing Processes and Form.

    You also have a right to file a complaint with the Office for Civil Rights.

    Washington DC (Metro) Office for Civil Rights
    U.S. Department of Education
    400 Maryland Avenue, SW
    Washington, D.C. 20202-1475

    Telephone: 202-453-6020
    FAX: 202-453-6021
    TDD: 877-521-2172