- New Salem Elementary operates on a traditional school calendar.
- Enrollment = Approximately 250 students
- Grade Levels: Kindergarten - Fifth Grade
- Average Student/Teacher Ratio: 1:19
- State Recognition: 2003-2004, 2004-2005 & 2005-2006 School of Excellence
- Five-Star After School Program: The after school program is available throughout the school year. The hours are 2:00 - 6:00 p.m. Activities include arts and crafts, games, various centers, snacks, computer time, and assistance with homework.
- Communication is one key to our students' success. We communicate through: Classroom Newsletters, The Round Table (Newsletter), Folders sent home, Student Handbook/Agenda, Home visits, Progress reports, Parent/student conferences, and Monthly Calendar of Events
- Exceptional Children's Program
(Resource & Academically/Intellectually Gifted)
SPECIAL ACADEMIC PROGRAMS
- Academically and Intellectually Gifted (AIG)