Fast Facts

  • School Hours:

    • 7:00-7:20  Breakfast
    • 7:15   Students dismissed from the gym to go to the classroom
    • 7:25  First Bell; all students should report to their homerooms
    • 7:30  Tardy Bell
    • 2:00  Dismissal

    **New - You may now manage your child's lunch account at

    School Colors - purple and teal

    School Mascot - Majesty the Dragon

    Student Enrollment - 330

    school - old In 1884, a log cabin was constructed on one acre of land in southeastern Union County. This was the first Union Elementary School Building. In 1886, a deed for the property was granted to the Committee of Public Schools. Additional acreage was acquired in 1916. Two years later, the Union County School Board built a wood frame building containing grades one through seven. A brick building, used as an elementary and high school, was erected in 1926.

    Many changes have occurred since the original building was established. Additions were constructed in 1948 and 1966. The gymnasium was erected adjacent to the main building in 1974. Currently, the gymnasium on the original site is being used by the South Union Athletic Association.

    Changes have been made in the organizational structure of our school. In 1960, grades 9-12 were transferred to the consolidated Forest Hills High School. A kindergarten class, sponsored by Title I funds, opened in 1968. The middle schools in Union County were formed in 1970. At this time, the seventh and eighth graders were transferred to East Union Middle School. In 1974, a public school kindergarten began at Union Elementary School and the sixth grade students transferred to East Union Middle School.

    school - new Today, students in grades Pre-Kindergarten through five attend our school which is located in Lanes Creek Township. Property was purchased in January 1990 at a cost of $115,600 for a new facility. Construction began on July 1, 1990 with a formal groundbreaking being held on August 30, 1990. The new building was completed in August 1991. In 2003, four additional classrooms and a new dining room were added to the new building.