Degrees and Certifications:
Mrs. Elizabeth Griffin, Assistant Principal 8th Grade
Ever since I was a little girl, I had dreamed about becoming an educator. My friends and I would spend hours playing “school” on my front lawn. I have been blessed with 15 years in education here in North Carolina. I have taught in CMS for several years and then Union County in the AIG program. Eventually, I shifted into a Curriculum position where I spent time working with teachers and students to help support instruction in the classroom. Now, I am an administrator at this amazing school. I look forward to each day because I get to spend it with amazing people.
411 on Mrs. Griffin:
- I grew up in New York on Long Island. My parents still live in the house I grew up in. I love to visit home and spend time with my brother and his amazing family especially at the beach. I do not miss the cold winters.
- I graduated from SUNY Cortland College with my Bachelors of Arts in Elementary Education then my Masters of Education in Reading (K-12).
- I attended UNCC and received my Post Graduate Certification in Administration.
- I have a certification in teaching Academically and Gifted Students from the University of Virginia
- I have 3 wonderful and spunky toddlers. My son Nate is 4 years old and my twins, Isabelle and Jackson are almost 3 years old. They make my days busy and fun!
- My husband is a local…he graduated from Parkwood HS and so did his mother. His father graduated from Forest Hills HS.
- I love working out and running. I have completed several half-marathons. It helps me de-stress and enjoy the beauty of being outside. I also enjoy hiking and laying around at the beach.
“…there will be obstacles. There will be doubters. There will be mistakes, but with hard work, there are no limits” – Alan Abrahamson