Online Field Trips for Students from AreaVibes
Arranging a field trip entails a lot of work. Educators have to send out permission slips, and make arrangements for buses and chaperones. Now, with the availability of virtual field trips, students do not have to leave their classrooms to explore places around the world. Some virtual field trips also allow students to discover what goes on in the outer space. Here are links to virtual field trips for different subjects.
- Max's Fantastic Zoo: A virtual field trip that teaches K-2 students about animal shapes.
- Lure of the Labyrinth: Pre-algebra students can improve their math skills by solving math puzzles in this virtual tour.
- Math Virtual Field Trip: Grade 10 math students will get a better understanding of bridges and geometry through this virtual field trip.
- Pythagorean Theorem Investigation: Virtual investigation of the Pythagorean Theorem for middle school students.
- Aquifer Virtual Field Trip: Grade 5-8 students can learn about aquifer in this virtual field trip.
- Endangered Species: A virtual field trip that provides grade 5-8 students an interesting insight into endangered species.
- Virtual Farm: This virtual farm can give grade K-6 students a complete experience of farm life.
- Human Body Virtual Trip: Students of all ages can learn about the various parts of the human body and their functions by taking this virtual trip.
- Introduction to Caves: Find out more about caves by going on this virtual tour.
- Planetarium: Grade 5-12 students can observe the night sky in this website.
- Fly Me to the Moon: An exciting virtual field trip to the moon for students in grade 4-12.
- Visit a Volcano: Take virtual trips to various volcanoes in the United States.
English Language Arts
- Essay Writing Virtual Trip: An essay writing virtual trip for grade 8-12 students.
- Critical Reading Virtual Field Trip: Improve critical reading skills through this online field trip.
- Shakespeare Virtual Trip: A Shakespeare virtual field trip for students in grade 4-8.
- Poet's Pantry Field Trip: An online field trip that teaches grade 3-6 students about poetry.
- Get to Know Poe: Students in grades 7-12 can discover the life and works of American writer Edgar Allen Poe in this website.
- Virtual Tour of White House: A virtual White House tour for grade 4-12 students.
- US Capitol Virtual Tour: Students in grade 4-12 can tour the US Capitol in this website.
- Civil War Virtual Tour: Virtual tour for grade 6-12 students to learn about the Civil War.
- Rome Virtual Tour: Discover the historic city of Rome by taking this virtual tour.
- Salem Witch Trials: A National Geographic virtual tour for grade 5-12 students that reveals interesting information about the Salem Witch Trials.
- South Pole Virtual Trip: An excellent virtual trip to the South Pole for students in grades 4-12.
- Tour of the Forbidden City: Virtual trip that enables grade 4-12 students to explore the Forbidden City.
- World War I Virtual Trip: Grade 6-12 students can find out what happened during the World War I in this site.
- Pyramids: An online adventure that provides an interesting insight into the construction of the Pyramids.
- Metropolitan Museum of Art Virtual Tour: Students in grades 4-12 can gain a better understanding of art by taking a virtual tour of the Metropolitan Museum of Art.
- Destination Modern Art: An interactive tour of the Museum of Modern Art for children of all ages.
- Louvre Museum: An excellent virtual tour of the Louvre Museum.
- Art Institute of Chicago: Students of all ages can learn more about art by taking this virtual tour.
- National Gallery of Arts Online Tours: Tours of the National Gallery of Art’s collections.
- Cave Paintings of Lascaux: A virtual visit to the famous cave paintings in Lascaux, France.
- Art Virtual Field Trip: Students learn to evaluate online art experience in this virtual field trip.
- Grandpa's Painting: Virtual field trip that involves the investigation of artworks.
- Rock & Roll Hall of Fame: An online field trip to the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame.
- National Music Museum: Virtual tours that enable students to explore the collections of the National Music Museum.
- Carnegie Hall Listening Adventures: Listening adventures for K-6 children at the Carnegie Hall website.
- British Music Experience Tour: Learn more about the British Music Experience through this online interactive tour.
- Georgia Music Hall of Fame: Take a virtual tour of the Georgia Music Hall of Fame.
Health and Physical Education
- Food Pyramid Virtual Trip: A virtual trip that helps children learn about the food pyramid.
- Sports Museum of America: An online visit to the Sports Museum of America.
- Spanish Online Field Trips: Virtual field trips to Spanish-speaking countries around the world.
- Virtual Field Trip to Spain: Teenagers can improve their Spanish language skills by taking this virtual field trip.
- Paris Online Field Trip: On this virtual field trip, students will learn about the French language and culture.
- Japan Virtual Field Trip: This online field trip helps students improve their knowledge of Japanese culture.