2020-2021 Parking Permit Information
The SVHS Parking permit application is available online only through Family ID link: https://www.familyid.com/sun-valley-high-school-parking-program/sun-valley-high-school-parking-permit-application-2020-2021
Application and payment both must be submitted before a permit can be issued.
Students will need to provide the following automobile information in order to purchase a parking permit:
- Body Style
- Tag Number
- Driver's License-copy
Parking Permits are $40.00 and paid online through school payments at: https://osp.osmsinc.com/UnionNC/BVModules/CategoryTemplates/Detailed%20List%20with%20Properties/Category.aspx?categoryid=BH078
Senior Parking Space Painting Activity is an additional $20.00
Eligibility for SVHS Student Parking:
- Applicant must not have any outstanding student financial obligations. If a student applies with outstanding financial obligations, they will be moved to the bottom of the current list. All obligations need to be satisfied before a permit will be issued.
- Student must have access to and use a car on a daily basis
Procedures for Applying for a Parking Pass
- Permit priority is to be assigned based on grade level.
- Students may start enrolling for a Parking Pass by grade level beginning:
- Seniors (12th Grade) September 21, 2020
- Juniors (11th Grade) September 22, 2020
- Sophomores (10th Grade) September 23, 2020
- Parking Pass Pickup will be the first day of school in the main office.
**Before a Parking Pass application will be reviewed, the student or parent must pay the $40.00 fee.
Procedures Regarding Parking and Disciplinary Consequences
- Student vehicles are subject to search if there is reasonable cause to believe that drugs, alcohol, stolen property or other contraband might be in the vehicle.
- All automobiles parked on the school campus must be registered with the school and must display the current permit.
- Parking is strictly limited to the assigned parking space number.
- There is to be NO LOITERING in the parking lot. Students are to leave their vehicles immediately upon parking. They are not permitted to return to their vehicles except for departure.
- Driving over 10 miles per hour or any form of reckless driving is strictly prohibited.
- No vehicle will be allowed to leave the parking lot without proper authorization.
**If a student’s Parking Privileges are revoked for any of the reasons above the $40 Parking Pass fee will not be prorated or refunded. The space will be reassigned to students on the waiting list. Students who have had their parking privileges revoked WILL NOT be able to have this privilege reinstated until the following school year, and that is only if the reason for their revocation has not been repeated during the second semester.
Parking on school property is a privilege, not a right. Violations of any parking procedures at Sun Valley High School will result in the following:
1st Offense: Conference with Administration and call to parents
2nd Offense: one-week parking privilege suspension or 4 hour Saturday Work Detail
3rd Offense: loss of parking privileges to be determined by an administrator.
4th and Subsequent Offenses: The vehicle will be towed at the owner's expense and parking privileges will be revoked for the remainder of the year.
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.