For 11th Graders
Tips for Junior Year
- Work hard in high school and college classes to maintain a strong GPA.
- Meet with your high school counselor and college liaison to review your academic record.
- Keep involved in extracurricular activities and take on leadership roles.
- Review four-year college entrance requirements and visit college websites.
- Attend College Fairs to explore future plans.
- Take the PSAT in October in order to qualify for National Merit & Achievement Programs.
- Take the statewide ACT test in March.
Junior College ConferencesEarly College Liasion Mrs. Gagne' is meeting with students and parents this Spring to discuss the college side of the Early College Program. Parents and students are requested to attend the conference together. If you have children in multiple grades, you are welcome to sign up for all children in one day, just place their name in the sign-up spot. If you have any questions, please to call Diana Gagne at 704-290-5824.Junior Seminar
Junior Seminar is designed for third year Early College students during the spring semester. The seminar will include weekly check-ins, CFNC career and college curriculum, individual enrichment assignments, group and one-on-one guidance from counselors and guest speakers. The goal of Junior Seminar is to plan and prepare UCEC students for high school graduation, completion of an associates degree and transition to a four-year university. Towards the middle of the semester, students will have the opportunity to visit two North Carolina universities, one public and one private.