for 12th Graders
Senior Class MeetingsAll SENIORS are required to attend grade level meetings and senior meetings to stay in contact with UCEC.
How do I prepare for college this year?
Prepare to take the SAT and ACT in the spring
- Take a preparation class
- Study out of an SAT/ACT prep book
- Visit websites like collegboard.com and actstudent.org for test prep materials
- Register online for the SAT and ACT
- Research colleges and come up with at least 5 colleges of interest
- Visit college campuses when available and attend College Fairs
Individual Senior Meetings
Counselors will hold individual parent and student senior meetings the month of January. Letters regarding the meetings will be mailed home and emailed to students. Each parent and student will need to go online to schedule a time to meet with their counselor and complete the questionnaire to discuss at the meeting.
Handouts Shared At Senior Meetings
- Timeline for Being Ready to Enter a Four Year University (English)
- Timeline for Being Ready to Enter a Four Year University (Spanish)
- The Application Process
- How Colleges Make Admissions Decisions
- How Does Financial Aid Work?
- When I Fill Out The FAFSA, AM I Dependent or Independent?
- Internet Sites Focused On College Exploration