for 13th Graders
The counseling department will work hard to help every student prepare for life after Early College. Check the website often for updated information.
College Application Process Monthly Action Plan
Frequently Asked Questions About College Applications
UCEC College Application Checklist
CFNC College Application Deadlines and More
UCEC High School GraduationTBD
Graduate Recognition and Signing Day Awards Day: TBD
Colleges Visiting UCECEach year college representatives are invited to visit Union County Early College and speak with students about their school and the college application process. All students are invited to attend the information sessions. Some information sessions are only for graduating students. Students do not have to sign up to attend.
College Application and Scholarship Workshops
The counseling department has set aside times to assist students with college applications or just for students to have a scheduled time to sit down and work on college applications or scholarships. At least one counselor will be available to answer questions or assist you with completing college applications. Sign up will take place through Sign Up Genius.CFNC FAFSA Day
Sign up on CFNC to attend FAFSA Day and receive help from professionals with completing the FAFSA. Remind your parents to file their taxes as early as possible so you can complete the FAFSA accurately and early! Registration begins in October.
Getting started with college applications... click HERE for good tips.
Some college applications ask a question about waiving rights... click HERE to find out if you should select "do waive" or "do not waive"
Requesting Transcripts from UCEC
- Please submit a Request For Permission To Release Records to have on file.
- Complete a UCEC Transcript Request Form
- The first 3 transcripts are free and each additional transcript is $3.00.
- Transcripts for scholarships are always free.
Requesting Transcripts from SPCC
- Make sure to request a copy of your SPCC transcript to submit with all college applications.
- Transcript requests must be submitted in writing using the SPCC Transcript Request Form, which can be obtained online at www.spcc.edu. Hard copies of forms are available in the Student Success Office.
- If you took any classes through CPCC or another institution you will need to also request those transcripts from the specific institution.
Requesting Recommendation Letters
- View the Recommendation Checklist to help with requesting recommendations letters.
- Complete a Teacher Recommendation Request Form to submit to teachers who are writing recommendation letters.
- Allow teachers and community members at least three weeks to complete the recommendation letter.
- Provide a resume or UCEC Brag Sheet teachers, counselors or community members who are writing recommendation letters.