UNION COUNTY PUBLIC SCHOOLS
Beginning Teacher – Mentor Support Program
Hello BT-Mentor Support Facilitators!
I hope that your year has gotten off to a great start. Thank you for continuing or beginning your role as the BT-Mentor Support Facilitator for your School. I really appreciate the valuable work that you do to support your beginning teachers.
The checklist and links for documents below can assist you with assuring that your school is in compliance with state and local requirements. Please review the checklist and let me know if you have any questions. Although all documents should be maintained at the school, the facilitator should send a copy of designated items to the Human Resources Division as indicated by the highlighted (HR) notation.
Beginning Teacher- Mentor Support Facilitator Checklist
- Agenda and Participant Roster on File for Site-Based Orientation for Beginning Teachers and Mentors
- Agendas and Participant Rosters on File for Site-Based Support Activities for Beginning Teachers and Mentors
- BT-Mentor Assignment Roster (HR)
- BT Files with Beginning Teacher Support Program Cumulative File Data Form
- Current Optimum Working Conditions Consent Form on file for each beginning teacher with extra-curricular duties (HR)
- Mentor Application/ Agreement on file for each practicing mentor (HR)
- Mentor Timeline/ Checklists on file for each reporting period (HR)
- Mentor Self-Assessment on file for each practicing mentor
- Site-Based Beginning Teacher – Mentor Support Plan on File
Have a great year!HR= A copy should be sent to the Human Resources Division.Other Resources
- BT-Mentor Support Facilitator Meeting in October 2015
- Second-Year BT Interim Requirements
- Third-Year BT Cumulative File Submissions
- Peer Review Rubric for BT Support Program
- Beginning Teacher Support Program Calendar of Events 2015-2016
- Cumulative File Data Form
- LEA Statement-Interim Requirements Form
- Third-Year Cumulative File Verification Form
- Professional Development Activity Log
- Mentor Timeline/Checklists
In compliance with federal law, Union County Public Schools administers all educational programs, employment activities and admissions without discrimination against any person on the basis of gender, race, color, religion, national origin, age, or disability.
- Beginning Teacher Site-Based Support Plan Template (Sample)