Welcome to Union County Public Schools
Click here for current job openings
Thank you for your interest in Union County Public Schools. We are excited that you have chosen to apply for a position with our school system.
UCPS values all of its employees and take great pride in employing the best educators in North Carolina. Our school system is a leader in academic achievement among the 12 largest school districts in North Carolina. We hold a 92.5 percent graduation rate and have the highest achievement levels in several key performance areas. Here are some additional facts about UCPS:
- Sixth largest school system in North Carolina.
- Approximately 41,500 students and 5,000 employees.
- Nine schools received an A+ distinction from the Department of Public Instruction for academic excellence.
- Central Academy of Technology and Arts recently earned a National Blue Ribbon Award. Shiloh Elementary and Weddington Middle received this prestigious distinction in 2013.
- UCPS leads the state in providing dual language programs through Participate, Center for International Education. Students learn Spanish and Mandarin at nine schools through the SPLASH immersion program.
- UCPS has expanded its academic options and developed more than 20 career and technical education academies. Students can enroll in courses in broadcasting, engineering, carpentry, computer hardware and networking, nursing, auto repair cosmetology, culinary arts and several other career disciplines.
Please take time to visit our website at ucps.k12.nc.us or follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram at Union County Public Schools (NC) to learn more about our school system. If you have questions, please reach out to us at any time. We are piloting a new interview process called “Hire Forward” and hold interviews every week. We would enjoy having you join TEAM UCPS.
Christopher R. Barnes, EdD.
Assistant Superintendent of Human Resources
Union County Public Schools
Email: Christopher.email@example.comClick here for additional information about job applications.