Union County Public Schools Career Readiness (formerly called Career and Technical Education) strives to provide a wide array of small personalized learning communities within different high schools across the county. Students can apply for entrance into an academy pathway through a voluntary application process which requires parent approval, support, and knowledge. Academy Pathway classes are often taught by teachers from various industries and have real-world experience and knowledge in their specialty area.
- Provide a relevant curriculum leading to increased student achievement and graduation rates.
- Focus on career preparation through rigorous curriculum and industry certification.
- Raise student aspiration and commitment to academic achievement and work ethics.
- Promote leadership development through participation in Career and Technical Student Organizations (CTSOs).
- Allows for dual enrollment (Career and College Promise) opportunities and articulation credit so that students may earn post-secondary credit while in high school.
- Support the local and state economy by meeting industry needs for skilled employment in high-demand occupations.
Students should have a genuine interest in a career area prior to applying for an academy pathway. At this time, students must also provide their own transportation if moving from one school to another for classes.
- Fill out an online application. The Cosmetology Application Deadline for the 2017-2018 school year is April 28, 2017 at 3pm.
- The online application will then be emailed to you for you to share with your parents. Your parents must sign the application before it is returned.
- Return your paper application to the Career Development Coordinator (List of CDCs) at your school.
PLEASE NOTE: Applying to an Academy does not guarantee admission. In order to enroll in an academy at a different school than a student’s home school must be able to provide their own transportation.
Click on the links below for academy options available to UCPS students: