CLASS REGISTRATION INFORMATION for 2019-2020 SCHOOL YEAR!
Are you interested in the Career Academies? Click here to see where the Academies are taught in Union County.
- Rising Juniors and Seniors are required to complete an application to attend a Career Academy at another high school other than Parkwood High.
- Do not register for academy classes until you are accepted into the academy. Your other electives will be dropped by guidance when you are approved for the applied Academy.
- Students are required to provide their own transportation to the Academy.
- Students are not allowed to carpool with other students.
- Check with Ms. Bartell to see if there are prerequisites for the Academy you are applying for.
- Sophomores only can appy to Cosmetology. There is no prerequisite for this Academy.
- The application will be open soon. Check back soon for the application!
- Have questions about a Career Academy? See Mrs. Bartell in guidance for more information!
Online Classes through UCV or NCVPS
- Students are required to select Parkwood face to face classes during registration.
- Fall online classes will be evaluated for student needs during the summer schedule change period.
- New guidelines for UCPS students who want to take SPCC classes is forthcoming. Be sure to check back often for details.
- At this time, you can sign up for summer courses only. Come to guidance to register.
- An application is required and can be found in Guidance. Click here to download application.
- The application is due by April 18th to Ms. Damico.
- Ms. Damico is planning to hold an interview as well, she will contact you for a day and time.
Media Literacy- Students will learn to apply production techniques while creating multimedia projects and/or school news broadcast over closed circuit networks. Students may take this course twice. Open to all grade levels. Application is required.
If you are a rising Senior:
- Early graduation (January 2020) applications are due the first 10 days of the fall semester. Applications can be found in guidance or click HERE to download.
- FLEX: Do not assume you will be granted FLEX. You will not be allowed to register for flex until the end of 1st semester. You will be required to register for actual classes during registration. The decision is only made regarding flex approval after 1st semester grades and attendance are evaluated. Once flex is approved, you will work with a counselor to drop the class(es) desired for flex. If planning to attend a 4-year college, be sure the college approves of your flex intention. An application can be found in guidance, during registration or click HERE. Graduation requirements muse be met in the fall.
- Peer Tutoring is only considered for core classes. Students will receive credit and a grade. Students interested in Peer Tutoring should have had received an "A" or "B" in the core class they request to peer tutor. Peer tutoring is assigned to teachers by needs of their classroom, not by student requests. An application can be found in guidance, during registration or click HERE.
High School Counselors will begin meeting with current 9th-11th grade students on March 21st
The newest Program of Studies can be found here
**RISING FRESHMAN - Click HERE for registration details**
*Rising Freshman Information Night- March 11th at 6:30 pm in the gym**
**Current High School Students in Grades 9-11**
Class registration is in PowerSchool
- PowerSchool is the only way to register for classes.
- PowerSchool will open for parent/student registration from March 12-20 for required class registration.
How to register for classes in PowerSchool
- Log into PowerSchool and click on “Class Registration” on the left hand side.
- The registration system in PowerSchool will then be open for course selections.
- A Green Check means elective courses.
- A Red Exclamation Mark means the course is required, like English, Math, Social Studies, & Science
- Students are required to choose a total of 8 primary (1st Choice) classes.
- Students then will choose at least 4 alternate courses.
- Alternates are important, as it allows PowerSchool to select your alternate class choice, in case your first choice is full or unavailable. If no alternate courses are selected, classes will be randomly selected.
- Registration selections will not be saved until 8 primary courses (ones you need for graduation), as well as 4 alternates have been selected!
Click the “Submit” button at the bottom right side of screen to complete registration process.
To help with registration, below is a list of elective classes taught face to face at PWHS. You are welcome to sign up for other classes, but know that those classes may or may not be taught at our school. The schedule is built around core classes required for student graduation, student requests, and certified teachers who can teach an elective course being requested.
Click HERE to download a worksheet for typical and NEW PWHS class offerings. Students can register for any UCPS class while registering on PowerSchool. Not all UCPS courses are taught at PWHS.