UCPS School Nutrition Services
Q: How will meals be served to students in school?
A: Students will receive their meals in the cafeteria with additional restrictions, such as social distancing and pre-packed meals in place. Self-service options will not be available. Depending on the school, students may eat in classrooms, in limited numbers
in the cafeteria, or in other locations in the school.
Q: Will students have access to meals if they are in remote learning or in the Virtual Academy?
A: Educators understand that students need healthy meals to be successful in school. Although Union County Public Schools will offer a hybrid of in-person and virtual learning this year, meals will still be offered to all students, whether they are enrolled in Plan B or Plan D.
Below are a few reminders and updates about School Nutrition Services for the 2020-2021 school year.
- All students who qualify for free or reduced lunch will receive breakfast and lunch free of charge.
- Breakfast and lunch will be served Monday – Thursday for students who attend school in person. Friday is a remote learning day for all students.
- Students who pay for breakfast and lunch, will continue to receive meals at the same prices—$2.40 for elementary school lunch and $2.50 for middle and high school lunch. Payments can be made through K12 Payment Center.
Beginning, Monday, Aug. 17, UCPS will open regional meal sites during lunch to serve students who are learning virtually and/or on remote learning days.
- This option is available to all students and access to the meal will be based on the student’s current meal status. These meals are only for enrolled students and those picking up the meals will be required to provide lunch or student ID numbers.
- Lunch will be served Monday – Friday through a curbside pick-up model, from 11 a.m. – 12 p.m. at the locations listed below.
Forest Hills High
Health Sciences Academy at Monroe Middle
Porter Ridge Elementary
Rock Rest Elementary
Rocky River Elementary
Shiloh Valley Primary
Breakfast will not be served through this model and UCPS will not provide transportation.
Students with special dietary needs indicated by a Diet Order form on file are encouraged to call the school where they will pick up a meal the day before to make accommodations.