2021-2022 High School Program Options
The transition to high school is an exciting and important time for families. Union County Public Schools has many resources to help your student explore their interests, passions, and postsecondary aspirations through various high school academies, pathways, and courses.
This page will serve as a guide to help your family learn more about academic choice information sessions, registration requirements, academy offerings, pathways, courses and more. For information about each high school, visit ucps.k12.nc.us and click on schools.
Key dates are listed below. View the text under January and February information sessions and the calendar for additional information.
- Jan. 4 - Feb. 15 - Application period for Central Academy of Technology and Arts (CATA), the Health Sciences Academy at Monroe High, International Baccalaureate (IB) Program at Marvin Ridge High and Union County Early College. Apply via Scribbles.
- Jan. 21, 6 - 8 p.m. - Virtual parent information sessions for CATA, the Health Sciences Academy at Monroe High, IB Program at Marvin Ridge High and Union County Early College. Access the recording from the entire session here. Captions are available in multiple languages.
Individual session information can be viewed using the links below.
- Jan. 25 - 30, beginning at 4 p.m. - Virtual Career and Technical Education information sessions - Click the button below to view the schedule and pathway options.
- Jan. 31, beginning at 6 p.m. - Choosing the Right Path in High School session. View recording here. View Q&A document here.
- Feb. 1 - 11, beginning at 6 p.m. - Virtual academic and elective information sessions - Click the button below to view the schedule and webinar links.
- Feb. 15 - March 26 - High school course registration. Rising ninth-grade students will be registered after all current high school students have completed the registration process. High school counselors will provide further registration information to rising freshmen.
After viewing the virtual sessions and learning about high school options, students can complete a 9th Grade Planning Worksheet. The purpose of this document is to help students think about which courses they would like to take in 9th grade. This planning worksheet will be completed by all 8th graders during the month of February during the school day. For your convenience, a link to the planning worksheet is provided below.
Upon completion, a PDF copy of the planning worksheet will be emailed to the student and parent (if a parent email address is given). For a sample completed planning worksheet, click here.
To access the UCPS High School Program of Studies, please click here.
January Information Sessions (Click the arrow to read more)
Parent Meeting for Academic Choice Programs (CATA, Health Sciences, IB Pathway, UCEC)
Choosing the Right Path in High School Parent Session
Career and Technical Education (CTE) Information Sessions
Central Academy for Technology & Arts - CATA Crawl
Union County Early College Information Night