- Shiloh Valley Primary (es)
- Meet Our School Administrators
Meet Our School Administrators
Dr. Scott Spencer (Principal)
About Dr. Spencer
Dr. Scott Spencer is proudly working in his 28th year in public education. He is very excited to join the Marvin school community.
Dr. Spencer received his Bachelor of Arts from Stonehill College in Easton, Massachusetts. He earned his Master's degree in Education from Lesley University in Cambridge, Massachusetts. He furthered his education by earning his Educational Specialist's degree in Educational Leadership from Florida Atlantic University in Boca Raton, Florida. Dr. Spencer earned his second Educational Specialist's degree in Educational Leadership from Wingate University in August 2020. In December, 2021 he graduated with his doctoral degree in Educational Leadership from Wingate University.
Dr. Spencer’s career in education began in 1994. Prior to coming to Union County, he spent twelve years with the School District of Palm Beach County, Florida. In Palm Beach County, he served as a classroom teacher for eleven years, and one year in an administrative role.
Dr. Spencer began his career with UCPS as an assistant principal at Wesley Chapel Elementary School in 2006. He then spent two years as an assistant principal at Rea View Elementary School, including the first two years the school was opened He also served as the assistant principal at Sun Valley Elementary School for two years before being named the principal of Shiloh Elementary School in June 2011. Dr. Spencer served as Shiloh's principal for eight years. He became the first principal of Shiloh Valley Primary School in June, 2019. Dr. Spencer was named the principal of Marvin Elementary School in January, 2022.
As both a teacher and an administrator, he has always felt strongly about creating positive relationships between schools and communities. He believes in being a highly visible administrator, and he enjoys interacting with teachers, students, parents, and staff on a daily basis. Dr. Spencer's recent honors and professional activities include the following:
- 2021-2022 UCPS North Carolina Preschool Pyramid Model Leadership Team
- 2020 Panelist at FLANC conference in Charlotte, NC (March)
- 2020 Co-presenter at Leader in Me Symposium in Asheville, NC (February)
- 2019 Co-recipient of the UCPS Leadership Award (September)
- 2019-2020 Founding Principal of Shiloh Valley Primary School
- 2017-2018 Vice President of the Union County Principals and Assistant Principals' Association
- 2017-2018 UCPS Dual Language Immersion Instruction Advisory Board
- 2016-2018 UCPS Diversity Committee
- 2016-2017 UCPS Principals’ Advisory Committee
- 2015-2016 Union County Public Schools Principal of the Year
- 2013-2014 Union County Educational Office Professionals Administrator of the Year
- 2013-2014 Shiloh Elementary School named a National Blue Ribbon School by the US Department of Education
- 2012-2013 Original UCPS Dual Language Immersion Principal at Shiloh Elementary School
Dr. Spencer currently resides in Union County with his wife, Kim, their two children, Jonathan (23), and Kaylee (20), and their Golden Retriever, Patrick. Mrs. Spencer is a UCPS teacher, and she is also entering her 28th year as a teacher. Both of their children graduated from UCPS schools. Jonathan recently graduated from Appalachian State University, and Kaylee is enrolled in her junior year at Meredith College. When he is not at school, Dr. Spencer enjoys spending time with his family, playing the guitar, exercising, and working around the yard.
Dr. Spencer looks forward to joining this wonderful school community. He is committed to maintaining the high expectations for excellence that have been in place at Marvin Elementary School for many years.
Dr. Spencer looks forward to working with his staff members and partnering with the school community to ensure that all students at Marvin Elementary continue to grow and excel. View Dr. Spencer's work experience.
Contact Dr. Spencer
- Phone: 704-296-6357
- Email: email@example.com
Jennifer Aldredge (Assistant Principal)
About Mrs. Aldredge
Mrs. Aldredge was born and raised in Charlotte, NC and now lives in Union County. She graduated with a degree in K-6 education from Western Carolina University in 2000. Mrs. Aldredge attended UNCC where she obtained her master's in Curriculum and Supervision. She also attended Wingate University to receive her master's in School Administration.
Mrs. Aldredge was a first-grade teacher and a curriculum coordinator at Windsor Park Elementary in CMS for five years. She worked at Shiloh elementary as a third-grade teacher for 9 years and the assistant principal for 5 years before transitioning to Shiloh Valley Primary as the current assistant principal.
Mrs. Aldredge lives in Union County with her husband Greg and their two children, Gavin and Addison. View Mrs. Aldredge's work experience.
Contact Mrs. Aldredge
- Phone: 704-290-1559
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org