SBMT Members & Meeting Minutes
The SVM School Improvement Team helps to create the conditions that overcome alienation and disconnection within the total school program. The group strives to promote a positive environment and climate that enables parents and staff to work together in supporting the development of children in school and sharing their wisdom to plan the academic, social, and staff development programs aimed for improving teaching and learning.
The team is comprised of representatives of each of the following groups: parents, teachers, classifed employees, and administrators.
Sun Valley Middle School’s Mission:
- To provide a quality education, develop citizenship, and challenge students according to their needs, interests, and abilities within a safe and orderly environment. 21st Century SPARTAN Leaders are: Self-directed, Prepared, Accomplished, Responsible, Tech-Savvy, and Adaptable students who Never quit!
SVMS's School Improvement Plan
2018-2019 SIT Members
- Jenny Kanagy - Chair and 8th Grade Representative
- Ashley A. Smith - Principal
- Jamee Giers - 6th Grade Assistant Principal Representative
- Ryan Williams- 7th Grade Assistant Principal Representative
- Marshall Gore - 8th Grade Assistant Principal Representative
- Sumer Edwards - 6th Grade Teacher Representative
- Jody Legare - 7th Grade Teacher Representative
- Jenny Kanagy - 8th Grade Teacher Representative
- Michelle Belk - Teacher-at-Large Representative
- Diana Ollis - Encore Teacher Representative
- Maureen Donohue - At-large Teacher Representative
- Jessica Schleicher - 6th Grade Parent Representative
- Jennifer Keller - 7th Grade Parent Representative
- Karen Ruff - 8th Grade Parent Representative