Resources for Parents
Testing Tips for ParentsParents play a key role in preparing students for state assessments. During this testing period, parents are encouraged to:
- Make sure students are in school during review and testing sessions. Avoid doctor or dental appointments on review or test dates.
- Stay well-informed about students' tests. Know their test schedule, results, how results are used, and how the results will affect grade placement or course recommendations.
- If there are major differences between a student's standardized test scores and overall school grades, find out why.
- Encourage students to listen carefully to all test-taking directions given by the teacher and to ask questions about any directions that are unclear.
- Make sure students are well-rested on test day.
- Make sure students eat breakfast on the day of the test. Hunger can detract from a good test performance.
- Encourage students to do their best.
(Tips provided by the American School Counselor Association)
- Access to Canvas
- Approved School Calendars
- Breakfast and Lunch Menus
- HomeBase Parent Portal
- Enroll in Student Insurance
- School Nutrition Services
- Lunch Prepay Website
- Edulog School Assignment Finder
- School Social Work
- On-Line School Payments
- Multi-Tiered System of Support (MTSS)
- Credit by Demonstrated Mastery (CDM)
- Latino Outreach Program
Technology Services Support Links
- Technology HelpDesk (Intranet Only) and Technology Help Desk Tutorial
- O365 Self-Service Password System
- UCPS Student User Lookup Tool
- Teacher Start Up Page (Elementary)
- Teacher Start Up Page (Middle)
- Teacher Start Up Page (High)
- Google Meets Instructions
- Grades 3-12 Laptop Distribution Plan
Staying Safe Online
Google Apps for Education (GAFE)