How to Apply
Central Academy of Technology & Arts 2022-2023 Application and Lottery Information
All students MUST be enrolled in a UCPS Middle school prior to applying to go through the application, audition, and lottery process.
The Application Window will be from February 7- March 6.
All audition video submissions for Performing Arts Academies will be accepted from February 7- March 4.
Middle School visits will be:
January 25th- Sun Valley Middle
January 26th- Cuthbertson Middle
January 27th- Parkwood Middle
January 28th- Health Sciences Academy at Monroe Middle
January 31st- East Union Middle
February 1st - Porter Ridge Middle
February 2nd - Weddington Middle
February 3rd - Piedmont Middle
February 4th - Marvin Ridge Middle
Our CATA Crawl events will be:
February 7th for students who live in the following Middle School Districts: Parkwood, East Union, Marvin, Sun Valley, and Weddington
February 10th for students who live in the following Middle School Districts: Cuthbertson, Monroe, Piedmont and
The District Webinar will be on February 22nd at 6:00 pm.
Parents will be notified of lottery results and seat offers is on March 21st, no earlier than 5:00 pm.
The deadline to respond to lottery results and seat offers is on April 14th by 11:59 pm.
IB Information will be coming soon!
Performing Arts Academies - students must participate in an audition (whether it is their first or second choice) for Dance, Music Production and Recording Arts (MPRA), and Theatre. Students not completing the audition (see requirements on the CATA Performing Arts website) will have that Academy selection removed from their application. After submitting your application please visit the CATA Performing Arts Academy Website to submit your audition via Google Doc.
- Dance, MPRA, and Theatre: Audition Based Selection
- Meet all general Central Academy Admission Criteria
- Participate in required Audition
- Students will be recommended for admission based on Instructor Scoring of Audition, students meeting criteria, but not recommended for initial admission may also be placed on a waitlist
- Students not meeting Audition criteria or placed on a waitlist will be entered into the lottery if they identified an additional Academy selection
9th Grade Admission Information (coming soon)
10th Grade Admission Information (coming soon)