Career and Technical Education
Read the Welcome Letter from Ms. Bartell, Career Development Coordinator.
Students interested in applying for CTE academies must use their chromebooks and can apply by typing in this link: http://bit.ly/1920AcademyApp. Students must then print or ask Ms. Bartell to print the 1 page application from their school email, have their parents sign, they must sign and their counselor must sign. After signatures are complete, they should give the application to Ms. Bartell. Cosmetology and Certified Nurse Aid academy applications are due no later than Thursday, April 18th.
View or print the Parkwood CTE Program brochure.
CTE Mission and Purpose:
The mission of Career-Technical Education (CTE) is to help empower students for effective participation in an international economy as world-class workers and citizens. CTE fulfills this mission by:
1. Preparing students for postsecondary education in career-technical fields and lifelong learning.
2. Preparing students for initial and continued employment.
3. Assisting students in making educational and career decisions.
4. Applying and reinforcing related learning from other disciplines.
5. Assisting students in developing decision-making, communication, problem-solving, leadership, and citizenship skills.
6. Preparing students to make informed consumer decisions and apply practical life skills.
7. Making appropriate provisions for students with special needs to succeed in career-technical education programs.
CTE Program Areas:
Parkwood High School offers competency-based courses in five program areas, with each area having school-based, work-based, or community-based learning opportunities.
1. Agriculture Education
2. Business & Information Technology Education
3. Family and Consumer Sciences Education
4. Health Science Education
5. Marketing Education
6. Trade and Industrial Education
Combined with other academic offerings, career-technical education assists all enrollees with career goals and high school graduation requirements. All programs in career-technical education are designed to contribute to the broad educational achievement of students.
Did you know... Parkwood students can take CTE classes at other UCPS locations if they have their own transportation. Interested in other academies besides those at PWHS? See Ms. Bartell to learn more.
Please follow @PWHScareers on Twitter for updates on career information, jobs, resources etc. as they come in throughout the year.