The UCPS College Readiness and Innovation department supports:
- College Preparation (Advanced Placement, college entrance exams, etc.)
- Driver's Education
- Dual Language Immersion
- Humanities and Healthful Living
- Innovation and Ed Tech
- School Library Media Coordinators
Along with the Department of Career Readiness, the department of College Readiness and Innovation works with schools to help students transition to their post-secondary plans.
Looking for information about the college application and scholarship process? Check out the College Prep page linked on the left.
College Readiness Parent Series Launches this Fall!
UCPS Opens College Readiness Resource Center
Beginning on October 1st, Union County Public Schools will be opening a free College Readiness Resource Center to assist students and their families with all aspects of the college-readiness process. The center will be housed at the Monroe Branch of the Union County Public Library, 316 E. Windsor St. Monroe, NC 28112. To schedule an appointment, please visit https://calendly.com/ucpscollegereadiness.
Counselors will be available by appointment only to assist families of students in grades 6-12. Topics the counselors can assist with include but are not limited to:
- Maximizing the high school schedule to be college ready
- Registering for the SAT, ACT
- SAT, ACT preparation materials
- The college application process
- Completing the FAFSA
- Finding a best-fit college
- Completing the RDS process
See link above for available dates and times.
UCPS is using Naviance Student to help with College and Career Planning! Watch the video below for more information.
What can you do with Naviance Student? Here are some helpful parent resources:
- Parent's guide to accessing Naviance Student from school website
- What is Naviance Student? (English/Spanish)
- Parent's quick start guide to Naviance Student (English/Spanish)