UCPS Mission: PREPARING ALL STUDENTS TO SUCCEED!
UCPS Strategic Priorities (click on for entire UCPS Strategic Plan):
- High achieving and globally competitive students
- Quality teachers, administrators, and staff providing innovative leadership for 21st century schools
- Safe, orderly, and caring schools producing healthy and responsible students.
- 21st Century systems operating effectively and efficiently.
- Family, business, and community members involved and supportive of our schools.
UCPS Core Values (click on for definitions):
- Customer-Driven Quality (i.e., Student/Stakeholder Focus)
- Results Orientation
- Organizational Responsibility and Citizenship
- Partnership Development
- Management by Fact
- Long-Range Outlook
- Design Quality and Prevention
- Fast Response
- Employee Participation and Development
- Continuous Improvement
- Systems Thinking
To see what the North Carolina Department of Public Instruction says a child should be learning in each year in each subject area http://www.ncpublicschools.org/curriculum/
To see how your local school or school district is performing based on teacher survey results, go to: http://ncteachingconditions.org/reports/