Final Exams - Fall 2020
Teacher-made exams will be given online in Canvas. Students will have a 2-hour test window to complete the exam. All online teacher-made exams will open on Tuesday, December 15 at 8:00 am and will close on Friday, December 18 at 3:30 pm. Students need to plan to take online exams any time during the testing window but must have all exams completed by the 3:30 pm deadline on December 18 as exams will close out at that time. Canvas pages will have the standard button below that indicates where students click to access teacher-made exams:
Students may exempt a teacher-made exam if they meet the following UCPS Board of Education approved criteria. Students eligible for exam exemption will be notified by teachers by December 11, 2020.
- If student has a class average of "A" with TWO or fewer unexcused absences OR
- If student has a class average of "B" with ONE or fewer unexcused absences.
**If a student does NOT exempt the teacher-made exam and does not complete the online exam by Friday, December 18 at 3:30 pm, the student will receive a "0", which will adversely affect their final grade in the course and may prevent the student from earning credit.
END-OF-COURSE (EOC) STATE EXAMS
Students enrolled in Math 1, Math 3, Biology, and English 2 will take an EOC final exam given on-campus only according to the schedule below. Both Plan B and Plan D students must plan to take the EOC exam on-campus during the scheduled time.
CAREER & TECHNICAL EDUCATION (CTE) STATE EXAMS
CTE classes with a State Exam will be given on-campus only according to the schedule below. CTE courses with a State Exam: Accounting I, Automotive Fundamentals, Fashion Merchandising, Foods & Nutrition I, Health Science I, Interior Design, Child Development, Principles of Business & Financing, Public Safety I, Animal Science II – Small Animal, and Sports Marketing I. Both Plan B and Plan D students must plan to take the EOC exam on-campus during the scheduled time.
All other CTE exams will be given online in Canvas.
EOC/CTE On-Campus Exam Schedule
Tuesday, December 15th- 1st block EOC/CTE State Exams
Wednesday, December 16th- 2nd block EOC/CTE State Exams
Thursday, December 17th-3rd block EOC/CTE State Exams
Friday, December 18th- 4th block EOC/CTE State Exams
Monday, December 21st- Make-up Exams; by appointment only
Final Exam Key Points
- All students (Both Plan B and Plan-D Virtual Academy) enrolled in EOC & CTE State Exam classes are expected to attend in-person on their scheduled day.
- No other students will be allowed on campus during exam week.
- Students enrolled in EOC and CTE State-test courses are required to take the final exam. Students who do not participate in testing will receive a “0” for the exam. Exam scores count as 25% of a student’s final grade calculation.
- The daily testing window will be from 8:30 am to approximately 12:30 pm. Students will not be allowed to leave the testing session until all testing within the building is complete. If students wish to sign-out after their exam, they will need to provide a parent note to their exam period teacher on each day of testing. Buses will only run at the normal dismissal time at the end of the school day.
- Teachers will communicate their specific testing format, date, and room locations. Students should confirm final exam procedures with teachers ASAP.