Message from September 6, 2022
Good evening, Wolf Pack families,
In the Board of Education meeting this past Thursday, 9/1/2022, school accountability results were reviewed. Here are the results for Parkwood High School along with some ways that you can help us this year:
Parkwood High School’s overall School Performance Grade (SPG) was a C – a 69%. Every letter grade is 15 percentage points. We barely missed scoring in the B range by 1 percent. While our overall SPG is a C, our students demonstrated overall academic growth and this is cause for great celebration! Coming back into the school environment was challenging for all of us and I am very proud of the academic progress of our students and of the work our staff has done to prepare our students academically. In school, we can never be satisfied with where we are. While we celebrate our accomplishments, there is always room for improvement.
At Parkwood High School, we have precisely the right staff to educate your students. They are working diligently every single day to make sure that your students receive the instruction they need to be successful in school and after graduation. This is what we ask of you: Please encourage your students to fully engage in every learning opportunity provided by teachers, to resist the distractions, and to always do their best. We also ask that you encourage your student to be in school every single day. Students’ attendance is imperative in order for them to grow academically. When students are not in school, they miss vital instruction from their teachers.
Please join us in this academic journey. It cannot be overstated – It takes a village.
Thank you for your support of Parkwood High School. We appreciate you.
Tracy Strickland, Ed.D.
Message from August 24, 2022
Good evening, Parkwood Wolf Pack families,
This is Dr. Strickland with some important information about the roundabout and how that will impact transportation and traffic at Parkwood High School.
The NCDOT has confirmed that the roundabout at Rocky River and Hwy 200 will not be completed before the school year begins. Knowing that this will impact arrival and dismissal, this is some information that could help you over the next few weeks:
- Parents dropping off their students will need to use the main Parkwood School Road entrance to the high school.
- Student drivers will need to use the Crow Road entrance to enter and exit from the high school. Cars will only be admitted through Crow Road which have 2022-2023 PWHS parking passes displayed from their rear view mirrors.
- Please make plans now for the route that you or your student will need to take to arrive to school.
- Please leave early. Traffic will increase as the time for the beginning of the school day approaches.
- Students will need to be in their classes by 8:30 to begin their day. We will begin in Homeroom on the first days of school.
- Safety is paramount. We will work with students who were not able to arrive on time due to the traffic entering the high school.
For parents whose students ride the bus, please download the new Edulog Parent Portal in the Google Play Store/App Store. Once the app is downloaded, click on student list, then add student. Fill in all student information and click done. Information is already available on the app. Please refer to the UCPS Transportation page for further details.
We’re looking forward to all of our students being back in school! Can’t wait to see everyone Monday, August 29, 2022!