INFORMATION FOR CLASS OF 2024!
Piedmont High’s Graduation Ceremony
Monday, June 10, 2024 at 8:00 p.m.
Piedmont High School Stadium
Senior Night Presentation (copy of the PowerPoint that was shared at September 19th Senior Night)
Two (2) Options for Graduation:
1. Attend the school-wide stadium graduation on June 10th.
2. If you choose not to participate in the stadium graduation, you may schedule a time with the office to pick up your diploma after June 10th.
● All school issued items (ex. Laptop, hot spot, calculator, library books, textbooks, etc..) must be
returned AND all fees must be paid in order to collect the graduation tickets and participate in
● Each graduate is allowed only eight (8) guests. Tickets can be picked up by the senior at the
conclusion of graduation practice. Each senior must complete their checklist of items and
submit it before tickets will be issued.
● Fees should be paid to Ms. Gini Wilson - Pay online (link available under Quick Links on the
PHS website) or exact change if paying cash.
● Every single person must present a ticket to enter the stadium, which includes all children,
regardless of age. Babies will need a ticket. The Graduate will NOT need a ticket.
● The seating is general admission.
Stadium Ceremony Guidelines
● Gates to the stadium will open at 7:00 p.m. All graduates will enter the cafeteria outdoor
entrance on the parking lot side at 7:00 p.m. to begin the check-in process with your
● With each senior receiving eight (8) tickets, please be advised that parking will be very limited.
It is recommended that all family/friends carpool. Graduates are to leave their phone,
handbag, and personal items in the car or with your guests. You CANNOT carry your personal
items during the graduation ceremony.
● Graduates should report directly to the cafeteria and locate your homeroom teacher. Honor
cords will be distributed by your Homeroom teacher for the following: Summa Cum Laude
(4.25 GPA and higher), Magna Cum Laude (4.0 to 4.24 GPA), Cum Laude (3.75 to 3.99 GPA),
North Carolina Scholar, and North Carolina Global Scholar. CTE Academy cords will also be
● Graduates are only allowed to wear the following school issued cords and recognitions:
Summa Cum Laude, Magna Cum Laude, Cum Laude, NC Scholar, NAHS, NC Global Scholar,
NHS Stole, Japanese NHS Stole, and CTE cords. No other cords or stoles will be allowed.
NHS Stoles should be picked up before the graduation ceremony day.
● There will be a designated handicapped parking section at the entrance of the stadium.
● There will be three (3) entrances to the stadium. Your guests may use any of the entrances.
The entrances will open at 7:00 p.m.
● Once admitted to the stadium, guests will not be allowed to exit and re-enter. Please make
sure you have everything you need before entering the stadium. No balloons in the stadium.
● Guests should report to either the home side bleachers or visitors’ set of bleachers.
● Each graduate’s chair in the stadium will be reserved with a name card that contains important
information regarding the ceremony. YOU MUST KEEP THE CARD AT ALL TIMES and carry
the card on stage.
● Graduates will be assigned a “row teacher” that will assist with the diploma and ceremony
● LifeTouch will take photographs of the graduates as they walk across the stage AND as
graduates exit the stage. These pictures will be made available for purchase by LifeTouch
after the graduation ceremony. To access your graduation photos after the ceremony, you will be given a code to text
● At the conclusion of the ceremony, seniors will be dismissed by rows and should exit the
stadium. The Graduation Marshals will assist in your dismissal.
● Seniors and guests should plan to meet at their car, as lingering in the stadium will not be
● Graduation is a very formal occasion; thus, we desire to uphold the standards that this
occasion deserves for our seniors, the school, and the Piedmont Community.
● The following is the Graduate Dress for the day.
1. Dark dress slacks
2. Dark dress shoes - No sneakers
3. White dress shirt
4. Dark necktie or bowtie
5. Cap, Gown, and Tassel on the right
1. White dress hemmed shorter than graduation gown
2. White dress shoes - flats are recommended due to field conditions - No sneakers
3. Cap, Gown, and Tassel on the right side (Girls should NOT attach the white
collars to the gowns.)
● Graduation caps should not be decorated.
● The graduation ceremony will be live-streamed. The link is posted to the PHS website. Go to
the “Quick Links” and click on “YouTube Live Stream Link”. You must subscribe to the
PiedmontHSNC YouTube channel.
● Reminder, this is a formal ceremony and we ask that everyone be respectful to all graduates
as their names are called.
Mark your calendars for TBA for the Required Graduation Rehearsal.
Attendance is required. Please bring a parent note with permission to sign out at the conclusion of practice.
All seniors absent from this practice will be placed at the end of the line at graduation.
Graduation dress is not required for practice, although you should come dressed appropriately for a regular school day.
All seniors will report to their homeroom class at 8:30 a.m. on TBA
Graduation tickets will be distributed at the conclusion of practice.
All school issued items (ex. Laptop, hot spot, calculator, library books, textbooks, etc..) must be returned AND all fees must be paid in order to collect the graduation tickets and participate in the ceremony.
More information on the Counseling page: https://sites.google.com/a/ucps.k12.nc.us/samplesite-phscounselor/grade-level-pages/12th-grade
School Number: 704-753-2810 (Ask for Jennifer Guignard)
PHS Website: https://www.ucps.k12.nc.us/pmhs
Check this page often for updates!
I look forward to working with each of you as we prepare for graduation in June. Please do not hesitate to email any questions that you may have. Mrs. Jen Pitt will also assist with answering questions and helping make this a wonderful graduation experience. JG