- Monday, June 12 at 8 a.m.
- Monroe High School Stadium
- Each Monroe High graduate is allowed 8 graduation tickets, which means a total of 8 guests.
- Information on how to claim your tickets will be communicated with seniors at mandatory graduation rehearsal, which is Friday, June 9 at 12:00 pm
- Every single person present must have a ticket to enter the stadium, which includes all children, regardless of age.
- The graduate will not need a ticket.
- In the event of severe weather, Mrs. Batchelor will communicate directly to seniors and their families if the time of graduation is changed. Please make sure your contact numbers are correct and that our phone number isn’t blocked.
Cap and Gown
- All Josten’s graduation items have been delivered to Monroe High School.
- If you have not received your cap and gown, that means you may still have a balance.
- Please call Josten’s at 1-800-582-6376 and pay today!
- Once you have paid, please stop by Mrs. Lee’s office to pick up your gown.
- If you have any additional questions, see Mrs. Lee in the guidance office.
- Mark your calendars for Friday June 9th, 2023 from 12:00-1:30 at MHS football stadium.
- Graduation dress is not required for practice although you should come dressed appropriately for a regular school day.
- All school issued items (ex. Laptop, hot spot, calculator, library books, textbooks, etc..) must be returned AND all fees must be paid in order to collect the graduation tickets and participate in the ceremony. More information regarding the collection of materials will be provided at a later date. Please make sure you are paying attention to notices that are distributed about your accounts.
- Graduation rehearsal is mandatory. If you do not participate in the graduation rehearsal, you will not participate in the graduation ceremony.
Graduation Dress Code
- Graduation is a very formal occasion; thus, we desire to uphold the standards that this occasion deserves for our seniors, the school, and the Monroe community.
- If clothing presents a problem, please see Mrs. Lee or Ms. Webb. We want everyone to look their best and we can assist as needed.
- Senior graduates’ attire is as follows:
- Dresses should not be longer than gown length.
- No stiletto heels are allowed on the track or turf; wedge, square or platform heels only.
- Dress pants, dress shoes and tie.
- DO NOT decorate your cap, this is a UCPS policy and we will have a new cap for you to wear if you show up to the ceremony with a decorated one.
- NO personal sashes, cords or stoles are allowed.
- Graduates are only allowed to wear school-issued honor cords and stoles; they will be distributed the morning of graduation.
- No sunglasses
- Cap, Gown, and Tassel on your right side (front right quadrant of cap).
Cap and Gown Pictures
- Lifetouch will also be at the graduation ceremony to take pictures as you walk across the stage receiving your diploma.
- Lifetouch would like students or parents to text the number 90738 this code (41684GY23) to access all graduation photos