Vision: Prepare Learners; Empower Leaders
Mission: BHESA is dedicated to creating a safe, arts-enriched, academically challenging, and positive learning environment that will prepare learners and empower leaders in a global society.Mantra: "Learn, lead, love, and leave a legacy!"
Benton Heights Elementary School of the Arts General Information:
- Mascot: Tigers and Arts-“butterfly” icon
- School Colors: Purple, orange, black and white
- Address: 1200 Concord Ave Monroe, NC 28110
- Business Phone Number: 704-296-3100
- Fax Number: 704-296-3106
- School Hours: Arrival and breakfast-6:50 a.m. -7:15 a.m. Tardy bell/Instruction-7:20 a.m..; Dismissal- 2:00 p.m.
- Office Hours: The main office is open during the normal school day from 6:50 a.m.-3:30 p.m.
- Summer Hours of Operation: days and hours do vary. Times and dates will be posted on the school website at the end of the school year.
BHESA students will be exposed to the following content areas: Math, Literacy/Language Arts, Science, Social Studies, Art, Digital Literacy, Dance, Drama, Music, LEGO Engineering (STEAM) and Physical Education. BHESA is a part of the A+ Schools Program where Arts are integrated in all areas of the curriculum and instruction.
Methods of communicating on a regular basis:
- Benton Heights Elementary School of the Arts Website (events and policies)--http://bhes.ucps.k12.nc.us/
- Benton Heights has a Face Book fan page and Twitter account; please feel free to "Like" or join! https://www.facebook.com/BentonHeightsES.NC
- Progress Reports--Student progress is sent home in the form of a progress report, four and half weeks into every grading period
- Report Cards--Student progress in all areas is sent home in the form of a report card at the end of every grading period
- Student Planner/Agenda--School and county policies are included in your child’s planner for easy reference. In addition, teachers often communicate by writing notes in your child’s planner and asking you to sign the planner once you have read it yourself. Using the student planner properly and regularly is the key to staying organized and informed at BHESA!
Blackboard Connect--A UCPS service that allows our principal to pre-record important messages for the entire student body and have them electronically sent to your phone line and email at a predetermined time.
Please be sure to make appointments in advance if you need to meet with an administrator, counselor, or teacher. Drop-in visits are discouraged.