About our Community
Kensington Elementary, New Town Elementary, Cuthbertson Middle, and Cuthbertson high consistently maintain some of the highest ratings from the NC Department of Public Instruction.
The rigorous Mandarin immersion program at Kensington or the Project and Problem Based Learning Initiative at New Town prepare students for the 21st Century.
Cuthbertson Middle inroduces students to STEAM careers (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Math) through Career Day as well as through project and problem based learning. CMS and New Town are the only feeder schools implementing Project and Problem Based Learning in Union County Public Schools.
Cuthbertson High offers seventeen Advanced Placement courses. Additionally the CHS class of 2018 earned $18 million in scholarships and its 98% graduation rate was among the highest in the state.
Cuthbertson Middle School Top 10
- Partner with Wake Forest University on PBL development
- CMS offers six high school level courses
- Only Middle School to offer: French, Chinese and Spanish for high school credit
- Award winning Band program
- Numerous Athletics programs to choose from
- Annual 8th grade trip to Washington DC
- Designated makerspace area in Media Center.
- Variety of clubs to choose from
- Best teachers in the state of North Carolina
- Battle of the Books
- Cavalier Connection
- Jr. National Beta Club
- Yearbook Staff
- Student Council