Student Population: 756
- Named an A+ School in 2014-2015 (Exceeded Growth)
- Named a B School in 2015-2016, 2016-2017 (Met growth both years)
- Named a UCPS International School for school years 2010-2011, 2012-2013 and 2016-2017 for Integrating Global Learning into the curriculum.
- Percent of highly qualified teachers: 100%
- Advanced degrees: 30.4%
- Teaching Experience: 41.3% of teachers have 10+ years experience.
- School hours 7:30am-2:00pm (Earliest drop off time is 7:00am)
- Traditional School Calendar
- Bus transportation is available to all students: full time or occasional rider option.
- Common Core State Standards (English Language Arts and Math)
- C. Essential Standards (Science, Social Studies, Art, Music, P.E., Healthful Living and Information Technology
- Reading/Writing: Lucy Calkins' Readers and Writers Workshop Model
- Specials: Computers, Music, P.E., Art, Media, and Guidance (includes Character Education classes)
- Academically and Intellectually Gifted Program (AIG): Math and Reading programs for qualifying 4th and 5th graders; testing for AIG occurs in 3rd grade. Teachers may suggest testing or parents may request child be tested.
- Exceptional Children Program (EC) -Provides Resource, Self-Contained, Speech and Occupational Therapy and Physical Therapy for qualifying children.
- Daily STEM block-Global Studies
- Dual Language Immersion Program (Spanish) for grades K-3
- All Classrooms connected to the internet.
- Laptop Carts for grades 3-5, and i-pads for students in grades K-2.
- All classrooms have promethean boards and document cameras for interactive learning.
After School Program
- After School program is available from 2:00pm-6:00pm daily on campus.
- NC rated 5-star program
- Serves student in K-5
- Teacher workday and Summer Camp programs offered.
- For more information, contact Luretia Clowers at firstname.lastname@example.org or 704-296-0326.
- Musical Performance: Chorus and grade level performance programs.
- After-School clubs include: Student Council, Battle of the Books, Art Club, Mad Science Club, Girls on the Run, Excel 2 Fitness, Boy and Girl Scouts, Gardening and Coding Club.
- Broadcast Team: Open to interested 4th and 5th graders.
Strive for 5 Program. Program encourages students to strive for less than 5 absences a year.