Fast Facts About Our School
Porter Ridge Elementary serves approximately 590 students in grades PK-5 in the Porter Ridge cluster of Union County Public Schools. When students leave our school at the end of 5th grade they are assigned to attend Porter Ridge Middle School or Piedmont Middle School--assignment is determined by home address.
Mission and Vision
- Mission: As a pirate, I will challenge myself to show pride and positivity in everything I do.
- Vision: Porter Ridge Elementary School will seek to maintain a safe and positive learning environment where students are empowered to grow acdemically, socially, and emotionally.
Did you know?
- In 2019 we created our first Dual Language Spanish Immersion class.
- Our students participate in monthly clubs to support creativity and interests beyond the classroom.
- Our teachers incorporate STEM Connect modules from Discovery Education to provide problem based learning experiences for our students.
- Our families and students love to give back to the community! We participate in blood drives, food drives and other outreach projects.
- We support outside afterschool opportunities such as Girls on the Run and the Good News Club.
- We partner with such groups as "First Tee" and "Grow the Game" to provide additional experiences for students during the school day.
- Our fourth and fifth grade students have the opportunity to participate in our chorus, Porter Notes, and our performing group, Porter Players.
- We have a strong PBIS model to help develop good character and self-reliance with our students.
Frequenty Asked Questions
- What are the office hours? The school is open from 7:00 am to 3:30 pm daily.
- What are the school's mascot and colors? Our mascot is the pirate and our colors are purple, black, and white
- What are the bell times?
- 7:00--Students arriving by bus enter the building
- 7:05--Car rider line begins
- 7:30--Tardy bell rings at 7:30--all students should be in the buildin at that time; instructional day begins
- 2:00--Students are dismissed. We discourage early dismissal after 1:45 pm in order to limit confusion with transportation and dismissal routines. Transportation changes must be submitted in writing to the classroom teacher.