MHS Report Card
Dear Parents and Guardians,
Federal guidelines require that schools provide you with updates about our school's overall achievement through the North Carolina School Report Card (SRC). This school report card includes important information about each individual school as well as student performance, class sizes, attendance, school safety, student discipline, instructional resources, and teacher quality.
Each North Carolina public school received a letter grade to describe its performance. These School Performance Grades reflect student achievement and student growth. Student achievement constitutes 80% of the School Performance Grade, while student growth constitutes 20% of the School Performance Grade. A complete version of the SRC is available online at www.ncpublicschools.org/src. However, the numbers appearing on the SRC only tell part of the story. At our school, we are proud of several special initiatives and activities that are underway.
- Monroe High School is home to the health science academy, a partnership with Atrium, that allows our students to follow various paths of medical science classes and have real-world experiences with Atrium throughout their high school career.
- Monroe High School partners with Wingate University for the Wayfind program that allows students to apply in 8th grade to be a Wayfind Scholar and provides the students with extra support and a transition pathway to Wingate University.
- Students are provided daily remediation opportunities.
- Ninth grade students in Math 1 have daily math tutoring.
- Students are offered a variety of courses to prepare them for post-secondary, whether it be employment, community college, trade school, or a 4-year university.
- Our Advanced Placement course offerings have increased.
- Our CTE offerings include allied health sciences, masonry, broadcasting, public safety, agriculture, robotics, and much more.
If you have a computer and internet access, you can access the SRC report card via the link provided on the informational card. If you do not have access to the internet, and are interested in viewing the SRC, please contact the school to request a printed copy or to arrange an appointment to view the SRC. Additionally, our school's media center will be available Monday-Friday, 7:45am-3:30pm or by appointment.
Your involvement at our school is very important to our success! I encourage you to review our school's report card. Please feel free to contact me with any questions you may have. Additionally, I welcome your feedback about other interests you have in our school. As always, we appreciate the opportunity to serve your child and your ongoing support of the work underway at our school!