Message from our Principal
Dear Shiloh Valley Families:
We provide regular updates to you about your student’s academic progress by sending home a Report Card. Once a year we provide you with updates on our school’s achievements through the North Carolina School Report Card.
This Report Card includes important information about school and student performance, class sizes, attendance, school safety, instructional resources, and teacher quality. There is also information about how our school measured against federal accountability targets and the number of suspensions and expulsions in our school. Report data is available for our school district and for the state’s education system as a whole.
Our school’s full Report Card can be found on the NC School Report Cards’ website at www.ncreportcards.org. Our school district’s report also is available on the report card site. School Report Cards are provided for regular public schools, charter schools and alternative schools that were open during the 2021-2022 school year.
At Shiloh Valley Schools, we are proud of the dedication of our staff and the hardworking student leaders that we serve. Our school model is built upon three main pillars which provide unique learning opportunities for our students and that have led to great accomplishments:
- Leader in Me: Our framework to build leadership and life skills in all students.
- Dual Language Immersion Program: Students gain dual language proficiency and global competence.
- STEAM: Increases critical thinking and problem-solving skills through hands-on learning opportunities.
At Shiloh Valley, we strive for continuous improvement. This process involves setting School Improvement Plan goals that support student growth and achievement. We have outlined these goals below:
As a school, we have set specific goals to improve student achievement:
- PreK-5 teachers: Continue to participate in statewide Literacy Professional Development
- Second and fourth grade math tutors
- After-school tutoring
- Literacy teacher specialists
- Emotional/Mental health (student support)
- Student Leadership Notebooks (students set goals and develop action steps)
Parents, we need your help:
- Attendance matters: make sure your child is here, on time each day.
- Be Proactive: be aware of your child’s academic progress and set expectations with your student.
- Monitor your child’s progress, attend meetings and maintain communication with your child’s teacher.
- Read nightly with your child.
Synergizing as a team, we can improve not only how well our students are performing individually, but how our schools are performing collectively. There is nothing more important to the staff at Shiloh Valley Schools than ensuring the success of our BullDOGS!
We encourage you to explore the school report card at www.ncreportcards.org. If you have further questions about the report card or our school improvement initiatives at SVS, please contact Shiloh Valley Schools. If you would like to join our group of community supporters, please contact us. Your feedback is important to us.
Thank you for supporting our efforts to provide your child with a high-quality education as we continue our legacy of excellence and leadership at Shiloh Valley Schools.
Mr. Hurst & Mrs. Williams
Principals, Shiloh Valley Schools