Welcome to the Antioch Elementary Media Center!
School Library Media Coordinator: Kimberly Kovach, B.A., M.L.S.
Media Resources (find much more on the Media Center Website- the link is above!)
- Elementary Start Up Page
- Read-A-Likes - Try this when you don't know what to read next!
- TumbleBook of the Day - A brand new book will appear every day for FREE!
- NC Wise Owl- Digital resources and e-books
- Union County Public Library
- Internet Safety Parent Resources Page
- Video: The Importance of Libraries in the Internet Age © 2015 Common Craft, LLC
- Order In the Library Game- Sorting and Shelving
- 3rd & Goal Read Along with the Carolina Panthers!!
Coding Sites and Activities-- Computer Science Education Week is December 9-15, 2019
Code.org - Allow students to utilize abbreviated code.org resources without creating an account. Great preview of what code.org can offer. Activities include Minecraft, Star Wars, Frozen, Flappy Bird and Angry Birds.
Tynker -All activities are leveled for K-2 or 3-5, includes teacher guides and tracks student progress
Bitsbox - Students can make their own “apps” and explore their coding superpowers!
A Book and a Hug- What Kind of Reader Are You?
4th and 5th grade Winter Reading Contest- The Challenge is over until early 2020! This is an optional contest open to any interested 4th and 5th grader at Antioch Elementary! Please print the form and return to Mrs. Kovach by the deadline.
Book Trailers for NCCBA Jr. Book Nominees- Watch these to learn more about each book!
Winter Reading Challenge!