- The mission of the Fairview Elementary Media Program is to instill in the students a love for reading and a quest for knowledge that will ensure they become effective, independent users of ideas and information.
- Find Books at Destiny http://destiny.ucps.k12.nc.us
- Union County Public Library http://www.union.lib.nc.us
- Internet Public Library http://www.ipl.org/div/kidspace
- Mrs. Shulman's Symbaloo http://www.symbaloo.com/mix/mrsshulman
Links for Kids (please call the media center for usernames and passwords)
- Elementary Battle of the Books 2017-2018 book list Team meeting begins Tuesday, November 13th
- Student Library Council - meets Wednesdays during lunch
- Media Assistant - 5th Graders
- FVES Broadcast Team - meets every Monday and Thursday mornings at 7:15am
- Garden Club - fall session runs September - November
- Summer Reading Challenge Celebration - Friday, September 21, 2018
- Fall Into a Book - blank tree and leaves - each leaf represents number of books read in this timeframe. Each grade has a different reading goal. October 1st - 31st (prize - cookie party)
- October - Adopt a Shelter Dog Month
- Follett Book Fair - Browsing October 29th. Shopping Tuesday, October 30th - Friday, November 2nd. Family shop night is Thursday, November 1st.
- American Girl Literacy Night - Thursday, November 1st.
- Grateful Writing Contest- Entries due Wednesday, November 14th. Winners announced Friday, November 16th.
- Gingerbread Contest entries due on Wednesday, December 5th. Winners announced on Friday, December 14th.
- Winter Break Reading Challenge: December 22nd - January 6th
- World Read Aloud Day - Friday, February 1st
- Harry Potter Literacy Event - Tuesday, February 5th
- Read Across America - February 25th - March 1st
- Scholastic Book Fair - April 4th - 12th
- School Libary Month Celebration - Graphic Novel Contest due Tuesday, April 16th
- Spring Break Reading Challenge - April 19th - 26th
- Children's Book Week - April 29th - May 3rd
- End of Year Book Return Contest - Monday, June 3rd - Friday, June 7th
- Summer Reading Program begins June 9, 2018
- Caldecott Medal
- Coretta Scott King Award
- The Newberry Medal
- North Carolina Children's Book Award Books
- We can always use volunteers to help in the media center. Please contact Heather Shulman at 704-753-2800 or Heather.Shulman@ucps.k12.nc.us if you would like to help.