- The mission of the Fairview Elementary Media Program is to instill in the students a love for reading and a quest for knowledge that will ensure they become effective, independent users of ideas and information.
Summer Reading Challenge
Complete the reading log and game card for the grade level your child will be in the 2018-2019 school year.
- Find Books at Destiny http://destiny.ucps.k12.nc.us
- Union County Public Library http://www.union.lib.nc.us
- Internet Public Library http://www.ipl.org/div/kidspace
- Mrs. Shulman's Symbaloo http://www.symbaloo.com/mix/mrsshulman
Links for Kids (please call the media center for usernames and passwords)
- Elementary Battle of the Books 2017-2018 book list
- Student Library Council - meets once a month after school
- Media Assistant - 5th Graders
- FVES Broadcast Team - meets every Monday and Thursday mornings at 7:15am
- Garden Club - spring session will begin in late March
- October - Adopt a Shelter Dog Month.
- November Writing Contest - Entries due Wednesday, November 16th. Winners announced Friday, November 18th.
- Gingerbread Contest entries due on Wednesday, December 6th. Winners announced on Friday, December 15th.
- Winter Break Reading Challenge: December 18th - January 2nd
- Scholastic Book Fair - Friday, February 2nd - Friday February 9th
- Winter Olympic Reading Challenge Thursday, February 1st through Wednesday, February 28th
- American Girl Event - Thursday, February 22nd
- Read Across America - February 26th - March 2nd
- Harry Potter Literacy Event - Thursday, March 1st
- School Libary Week Celebration - Graphic Novel Goodness
- Spring Break Reading Challenge - Friday, March 30th - Sunday, April 9th
- Children's Book Week - Monday, April 30th - Friday, May 4th
- Scholastic BOGO Book Fair - Friday, May 11th - Thursday, May 16th
- End of Year Book Return Contest - Monday, June 4th - Friday, June 8th
- Summer Reading Program begins June 9, 2018
- Caldecott Medal
- Coretta Scott King Award
- The Newberry Medal
- North Carolina Children's Book Award Books
- We can always use volunteers to help in the media center. Please contact Heather Shulman at 704-753-2800 or Heather.Shulman@ucps.k12.nc.us if you would like to help.