- The mission of the Fairview Elementary Media Program is to instill in the students a love for reading and a quest for knowledge that will ensure they become effective, independent users of ideas and information.
- Find Books at Destiny http://destiny.ucps.k12.nc.us
- Union County Public Library http://www.union.lib.nc.us
- Internet Public Library http://www.ipl.org/div/kidspace
- Mrs. Shulman's Symbaloo http://www.symbaloo.com/mix/mrsshulman
- Olympic Symbaloo https://www.symbaloo.com/home/mix/13ePQN5Bgc
Links for Kids (please call the media center for usernames and passwords)
- Elementary Battle of the Books 2017-2018 book list
- Student Library Council - meets once a month after school
- Media Assistant - 5th Graders
- FVES Broadcast Team - meets every Monday and Thursday mornings at 7:15am
- Garden Club - spring session will begin in late March
- October - Adopt a Shelter Dog Month.
- November Writing Contest - Entries due Wednesday, November 16th. Winners announced Friday, November 18th.
- Gingerbread Contest entries due on Wednesday, December 6th. Winners announced on Friday, December 15th.
- Winter Break Reading Challenge: December 18th - January 2nd
- Scholastic Book Fair - Friday, February 2nd - Friday February 9th
- Winter Olympic Reading Challenge Thursday, February 1st through Wednesday, February 28th
- American Girl Event - Thursday, February 22nd
- Read Across America - February 26th - March 2nd
- Harry Potter Literacy Event - Thursday, March 1st
- School Libary Week Celebration - Graphic Novel Goodness
- Spring Break Reading Challenge - Friday, March 30th - Sunday, April 9th
- Children's Book Week - Monday, April 30th - Friday, May 4th
- Scholastic BOGO Book Fair - Friday, May 11th - Thursday, May 16th
- Summer Reading Program begins June 9, 2018
- Caldecott Medal
- Coretta Scott King Award
- The Newberry Medal
- North Carolina Children's Book Award Books
- We can always use volunteers to help in the media center. Please contact Heather Shulman at 704-753-2800 or Heather.Shulman@ucps.k12.nc.us if you would like to help.