Kensington Media Center
Mission Statement: The mission of the Kensington Elementary Media Program is to instill in students a love for reading and ensure that students and staff have access, knowledge and skills to effectively use information, in both print and digital formats.
Access from school: Bookflix
Access from home: Bookflix (Ask your librarian for the login)
Click here to access our system:Library Lessons: "Know Your Library"
- Elementary Library Lesson #1 - Books in our Library
- Elementary Library Lesson #2 - Picture Book Organization
- Elementary Library Lesson #3 - Fiction Book Organization
- Elementary Library Lesson #4 - Nonfiction Book Organization
- Elementary Library Lesson #5 - Finding Fiction Books
- Elementary Library Lesson #6 - Finding Nonfiction Books
Great Sources for a Good Read:
- Caldecott Award Medal & Honor Books
- Newbery Award Medal & Honor Books
- Coretta Scott King Award & Honor Books
- Childrens' Historical Fiction
- Nonfiction Award Books Orbis Pictus
- Fantasy Fiction Books
- Realistic Fiction
- Geisel Book Award
- Sibert Informational Book Award
- International Children's Digital Library
NC WISE OWL: www.ncwiseowl.org which provides free online resources for public schools in North Carolina. It is funded by the NC Department of Public Instruction. Use this resource to access Britannica Online, Amazing Animals, People and Places and much, much more!
AUTHORS & BOOKS: Login to www.teachingbooks.net to find a multimedia collection of resources about K-12 books, authors and illustrators that help encourage students to read and enjoy reading.
Zoo WebsitesHere are some other websites you might enjoy:
- http://www.ala.org/greatsites--American Library Association sponsors great websites for kids
- http://janbrett.com/--Visit children's author, Jan Brett.
- http://www.awesomestories.com/--Awesome Stories
- http://www.nea.org/readacross/index.html--Read Across America/Dr. Suess Birthday site
- http://www.eric-carle.com/home.html--Eric Carle's website