The mission of the Marvin Ridge HS Media Center is to provide an atmosphere and facility that encourages students to become effective users of ideas and information and to afford students opportunities to be critical thinkers, life-long learners and discriminating decision makers.
- Monday through Thursday 7:30 AM - 3:15 PM
- Friday 7:30 - 3:00
- PRINTING is before school, after school, and during Monday, Wednesday, & Friday SMART lunch (7:30-7:55am; 2:55-3:15pm)
- Students are required to have a pass to utilize the Media Center during the school day.
- Books are checked out for a three week period and can be renewed.
- Students are expected to pay for lost or damaged books.
- Overdue notices will be sent out once a month.
- PRINTING is before school, after school, and during your lunch (7:30-7:55am; your third block lunch; 2:55-3:15pm)
- Black and White copies are .10 per page
- Color copies are .25 per page
- Curriculum Support
- Team Teaching
- Literacy Instruction
- Professional Reference and Research
- Path Finders designed for your curriculum area
- Faculty In-Services
- Professional Library
- Quiet place to relax and work
Search for Books and eBooks
Google Tips & TricksInternet Country Codes - Use these codes to conduct a search when you want your results to be from another country (example site:IR will retrieve results from Iran)Search Engine Shortcuts - Use these modifiers to broaden or narrow your search results
Parent/Student Calculator Loan Agreement for those students enrolled in a MATH class
Citation and Plagiarism Resources
- Copyright Presentation from UCPS
- Plagiarism Presentation
- Image Citation Presentation from UCPS
- Photos for Class.com
- Citation Maker through Wiseowl
- Purdue OWL: MLA Citation Guide
- MLA Quick Tips Presentation
- Purdue OWL: APA Citation Guide
- Taking the Mystery out of Copyright
- Good Reads for Teens
- YALSA's Top Ten for Teens
- YALSA's Quick Picks for Reluctant Young Adult Readers
- Union County Public Library
- Teen Read Week
Great Places to Read for Free
Chromebooks and Google for Teachers and Students
Links to Parent Resources
Other Technology Links for Staff
- ACT Homepage
- Test Description
- ACT Test Prep
- ACT Sample Test
- ACT Question of the Day
- Test Day Tips
- The Essential Guide To The ACT
Web 2.0 Tools
- Animoto - Use digital photos to create a video.
- Fodey - Generate an original newspaper clipping and more.
- Glogster - Create a digital, interactive poster.
- Kizoa - Make a video from pictures.
- Padlet - Online notice board creator
- PhotoPeach - Make a video from pictures.
- Prezi - Prepare a multimedia presentation.
- Quizlet - Make or use flash cards from a variety of subject areas.
- Tikatok - Create a digital storybook.
- ToonDoo - Create a digital cartoon..
- WeVideo - Online video editor & maker
- Writing Reviser - If you need help editing your writing, try this tool from SAS for easy help!
- Wordle - Create a visual showing word usage in a text.