The application period for 9th Grade 2019-2020 school year is now open.
The application for the 10th Grade 2019-2020 school year will be available in Spring 2019.
2019-2020 Parent information Nights: November 27th and January 17th from 5:00 p.m.– 6:00 p.m. Those will take place in the Salon.Review the UCEC School PresentationHow to Apply to Union County Early College
The recruiting and application process for rising ninth-grade students begins in October with school visits to every middle school to share information with students. Parent and Student Information Nights are held in November and January. Applications from parents and students are due in February. Middle schools submit EOG scores, report cards, attendance, incident reports, and confidential core teacher evaluations to Early College. For applicants to the freshmen class of 2019-2020, there will be student nights once applications are in and reviewed; students will be invited to a student night according to their application completion. Once the application process is completed students are contacted by email regarding their acceptance status.
Application Link here
Tenth Grade Applicants
The application period for 10th Grade 2018-2019 school year will open in Spring 2019. Applications for the sophomore class are due by June 25th.The application process for rising tenth-grade students takes place at the end of the ninth grade year. This application will be posted on the website in June. Students wishing to apply as rising tenth grade students should take a challenging curriculum of honors courses during the ninth grade year to prepare for the rigorous academic program offered by UCEC. Applications are not accepted for students beyond tenth grade.
Homeschool, Private Schools, and Charter schools
It is the responsibility of homeschool, private school, and charter school students to provide entrance requirement information. Home schooled students must provide attendance and discipline records from the previous public or private school attended. If North Carolina EOG or EOC scores are not available, seventh grade National Standardized Test results must be submitted.
Application must be submitted online by FEBRUARY 1, 2019. Late applications will not be accepted.
- The student and parent/guardian completes student application and submit ONLINE.
- Union County Early College will gather information to complete the application packet which includes: student application, counselor referral form, teacher evaluations, student’s 7th grade EOG scores, incident reports, attendance summary, and January report card.
- Students are evaluated on the following criteria: first generation, report card, attendance, discipline report, teacher evaluations and EOG/EOC scores.
- Students meeting first round qualifications will be invited to a student night for second round consideration.
- Qualifying applicants will have their names submitted to a stratified lottery system to be randomly selected.
- Students will be contacted in May by email with status of acceptance.
- Accepted and wait-listed students must respond with their intention to enroll at UCEC by June 26, 2019. Students will be asked at this time to sign a one year contract and the decision will be communicated with CATA so they can remove names from their list.
NOTE: A first-generation college student is a student from a family in which neither parent (natural or adoptive) received a bachelor's degree (four-year college degree). Students who begin the school year at Early College will not be allowed to transfer to a different school in the UCPS district during the school year.