Box Top Time!! First Box Top submission deadline is October 31st! Turn in your boxtops to receive a Blow Pop or Tootsie Pop! The class that turns in the most Box Tops will get a PIZZA party! **Any student that turns in Box Tops that are clipped, not expired and sorted into bags of 50 will earn 10 extra bonus points towards their classroom total! Don't delay, turn in your Box Tops today!! Thank you for supporting our PTA Box Top program!
Join Us For
Wingate University's Fall Carnival
A night of trick-or-treating and fun for local elementary school students!
October 29, 2018 6:00-8:00 P.M.
McGee Promenade at Wingate University
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Tommy Severin at firstname.lastname@example.org
Storybook Pumpkin Patch
Would you like to participate in the First Ever
Storybook Pumpkin Patch in the Media Center?
It’s fun, easy, a great way to show off your creativity and extend our learning!
Here’s what you do!
- Choose your favorite storybook character.
- Get a small to medium pumpkin. It can be real or fake.
- Decorate your pumpkin to look like your book character by using paint, permanent markers, or glue to add things on your pumpkin. *Pumpkins may not be carved, cut, or have holes poked in them as they get stinky!
- You may bring in you pumpkins to the Storybook Pumpkin Patch (also known as the Media Center) Monday, October 15th through Tuesday, October 30th.
- Pumpkins will be judged Wednesday, October 31st and the most creative pumpkin in the patch from each grade level will be awarded a prize!
Would you like to make a difference at Marshville Elementary?
- We are seeking registered Union County Public School volunteers to visit our school once a week to read with a 1st grade student for 30 minutes each week between 7:30-8:10 a.m., 8:30-9:00 a.m. and 1:25-1:55 p.m.
- Times can be selected by the volunteer and will then be communicated with the child’s classroom teacher. You do not have to be an educator to offer your service-just willingness and passion to read with a student is enough to positively impact a child through reading and being a role model.
To become a UCPS volunteer visit the link below:
For more information call 704-296-6340 or
Marshville Elementary School 515 N. Elm Street Marshville, NC 28103
UCPS launches new community newsletter
Union County Public Schools (UCPS) announced the launch of UCPS Snapshots, an e-newsletter that will provide community members with timely information about district programs and the great work that staff and students are doing in the school district’s 53 schools.
Subscribers will also learn about literacy initiatives, resources for college and career readiness, the district’s new strategic plan as well as ways community members can volunteer and get involved in our schools.
To sign up, click here or text UCPSNEWS to 22828.
Student and Parent Portals will be enabled September 11th.
Take a look at our newest pages on our website. Under "Parents & Students" we have added links for myOn, iReady, and Dreambox for your child's practice away from school. We have also included a chart to see mClass levels as well under "Parents & Students." We have also included a link to view the Beaver Bulletin that is sent home every other Tuesday! Continue to read our feature articles as they are updated frequently. Thank you for your visit to our website!