Make a Holiday Festive Jar!: Sign up for the Media Center's December Maker Series! Bring your holiday magic to create a festive, decorative jar! Thursday, December 1st 3:05-4pm in the Media Center. Sign-up here. All supplies and light refreshments will be provided. Come and enjoy some holiday fun!
Little Shop of Horrors Auditions: Come audition for this year's spring musical Little Shop of Horrors! on November 9th & 10th from 3-5 p.m. in the auditorium. No experience is necessary and all skill levels are welcome. Please prepare a one minute monologue and a one minute musical selection for auditions.
PRHS Club/Organization Schedule Announcements
- Interested in environmental sustainability and problem solving? Growing Green is the place for you. Growing Green will be having their next meeting Monday, Nov. 14 in Mrs. Smart's room, G114.
- Crocheting and Crafting Club: Join us for our first Winter meeting on Dec. 2nd in G106. We'll discuss volunteering opportunities and work on fun crafting projects. Supplies are here - we just want you to join the fun!
- HOSA will be meeting Wednesday, November 16th at 7:40am in E212. SPCC Medical Instructors will be giving a presentation during the meeting. We will also be going over our service project for December! Check Instagram and the HOSA board for more information.
- FCCLA Meeting, November 15, D101, 3:05-4 pm
- The Spanish Club will be meeting next Tuesday, November 15, after school in room F102. All members are encouraged to attend.
- Disc Golf Club meeting this Thursday at 7:40 a.m. in Mr. Setzer's room. Also, we will be playing at Reedy Creek on Saturday Nov. 19 at 10 a.m. Must have permission form.
- Book Club will be meeting THIS WEDNESDAY in E107 at 3:10 to discuss Unwind by Neal Shusterman. Please bring a snack to share!
- Come to Mrs. Hill's room (G107) after school on Friday, November 18th for the NEHS/Creative Writing Club meeting. Everyone is welcome!
The State of North Carolina requires the Meningococcal vaccine for students. The second dose of this vaccine is required prior to the start of a student's Senior year.
Vaccine documentation for all current Juniors must be on file here at school prior to the start of the 2021-22 school year to meet this school enrollment requirement, per the State of NC. Individuals born before 1/1/2003 are exempt from this requirement.
For complete details and explanations, please review the website https://immunize.nc.gov/schools/ncruleslaws.htm for NC general statutes 130A-157.
The main source of communication from school to home is the PIRATE PRESS - this is emailed to parents and students weekly to the email address on file. If you are not receiving it, please call the school. We also post this on Facebook and our website.
PR Career Pathways-PRHS has a host of career pathways that support students as they select their courses throughout their high school years. Each of these pathways includes careers students can explore and related courses offered at PR and in UCPS. These pathways assist students in choosing courses as they prepare for future studies and the work force. From Animal Science to Arts and Education, PRHS has many courses a student can choose from as they plan for the future. Click here to see our Career Pathways. Pathway and Academy info will always be listed on our main page under Academics.
Porter Ridge High School Office Hours are 7:30 am - 4:00 pm.
Ports of Information for Pirates and Their Families:
We send out a weekly electronic newsletter emailed to families and students. If you need to update your email at school, please send your updated email to email@example.com
Follow us on Facebook: @PorterRidgeHSNC
Follow us on Twitter: @PorterRidgeHSNC
Follow us on Instagram: porterridgehsnc