Read With U and Volunteer Coordinator Information: Become a Read with U volunteer and share the love of reading with a first- or second-grade student! We are recruiting volunteers to read with students in person for 30 minutes each week. Your time, commitment, and support will help students develop a love for reading and become more confident. For more information, contact our volunteer coordinator, Johanna Villamizar.
UCPS Influencers: UCPS is revamping its employee recognition program and we want to know who influences you. We invite our employees, students, parents, and community members to nominate a Union County Public Schools employee for our monthly "UCPS Influencers" recognition program. The purpose of this award is to recognize employees who exemplify outstanding service through his or her work and influence others.
Teachers, Teacher Assistants, Cafeteria Workers, Bus Drivers, Counselors, Nurses, Data Managers, Receptionists, Occupational Therapists, Social Workers, Principals, Assistant Principals, Custodians
All of these people play a crucial role in your school. Let them know you recognize their hard work and what it means to you.
Use the link below to recognize the person who made a difference to you.
Early Dismissal: Any student dismissed before 11 a.m. is considered absent for the day if they do not return to school that day according to the UCPS Attendance Policy 4-1. Students released after 11 a.m. and before 1:30 p.m. are marked as p.m. tardy. If you need to pick your child up early, please note that dismissals need to be before 1:30 p.m. Students will not be released past 1:30 p.m.
Afternoon Transportation Changes: Any same-day/last-minute transportation changes that need to be made during school hours MUST be in writing, with no exceptions. Send an email with your student's name, the student's teacher's name, the original transportation, and the change to Johanna Villamizar and Eileen Siezega.
Please allow up to an hour to receive a confirmation email acknowledging the change. All changes need to be submitted by 1 p.m.
Thank you for understanding and for your cooperation.
Does your child in grades 3rd through 5th need help with their homeowrk? Have them go to orange hall room 109 from 7-7:30am and there will be staff in there to help them. Please send them with their homeowrk and questions ready.
Peachjar Digital Flyers
We have launched a new electronic flyer communication tool called Peachjar. To view school-approved digital flyers, simply click the Peachjar button on our website.
You will find the registration packet under the tab Parents and Students. Then click School forms and the packet will be there to open up for use.
UCPS Mobile App: Download the Union County Public Schools mobile app!
- For your specific mobile device , go to App store or Google Play store
- Search for Union County Public Schools
- Download (install) the app on your mobile device
- Once downloaded, Open the app
- You will be prompted to allow the UCPS app to send Push Notifications to your device; you should select “Allow”.
- You will be prompted to choose the school (s) to follow; usually, these are the schools that your children attend. (note: in addition to selected school (s) , the app will always include District, news, feeds, etc.
- Once you have chosen your default school (s), the Home screen will be displayed.
- To change the school (s) and information that you follow go to the Settings icon.
- The UCPS app allows you choose which school (s) and the specific information you follow. >Go to settings>follow schools>Choose the schools and feeds to follow.
- In order to receive Push Notifications via the App, you need to have the “notifications” Receive inbox messages” selected