- Union County Public Schools
- Board Policies App Example
2-16 - Goals of The Purchasing Function
2 - Chapter 2 - Financial Operations
2-16 Goals of The Purchasing Function
Revisions History: Reviewed by GC 05/07/2018, 03/06/2012, 10/16/2006 Approved 03/07/2000
The Board is committed to using its authority to purchase goods and services in a manner most likely to help students succeed. The Board, superintendent and any other employees authorized to participate in purchasing decisions or the purchasing process will strive to meet the following goals:
- obtaining the maximum benefits from all school district monies for students and to further the educational goals of the Board;
- conducting all purchasing activities according to applicable laws, rules and regulations, good purchasing practices and ethical principles;
- providing a climate of fair and open competition for all qualified vendors;
- requiring satisfactory and proper performance of all contractual obligations of vendors; and
- providing prompt and courteous service to other school district personnel, other governmental entities and vendors.
LEGAL REF.: N.C.G.S. 115C-36, -143-148, et. seq.
CROSS REF.: Board Policy 5-14, Goals and Objectives of the Educational Program
UNION COUNTY BOARD OF EDUCATION
REVIEWED BY GENERAL COUNSEL: 5/7/18