- Cuthbertson Middle School (ms)
CMS Update April 13th from Mr. Murray
Over the past few weeks we have begun online learning with our students. Students and parents we thank you for your patience as we navigate our present state of education. Beginning on Tuesday April 21 Cuthbertson will transition to teaching new instructional standards. Similar to our current review of instructional standards, teachers will continue to follow the same schedule, provide quality feedback, check students participation and communicate with families.
At this point we are waiting on word from the North Carolina Department of Public Instruction on guidance related to the grading of students.
Families please remember that all assignments will continue to remain asynchronous for students. Flexibility is the key as students are not expected to be online with teachers at a specific time. Our teachers have been amazed at how well our students have made this transition.
Information as we enter “Phase Four” of the UCPS
Instructional Response Plan
Grades 6-8 Communication Highlights
- Schedule will begin on April 21 and assignments will be posted in Canvas by 8:00 a.m. each day.
- Students will spend no more than 75 minutes on activities per subject each day.
- Students receive instruction, assignments, and/or activities in each subject for which they are enrolled.
- Students/parents should direct questions to teachers of the subject/course.
- Teachers will maintain “remote” office hours for a minimum of 2 hours on designated office hours days and should respond to student/parent inquiries within 24 hours to the greatest extent possible.
Flexibility is key – instruction and activities should take into account each student’s current situation.
New standards of instruction will be introduced and students are encouraged to stay engaged and participate in the learning opportunities.
Teachers will track student participation and monitor student progress for feedback.
For students who are experiencing technical issues with their chromebooks please complete the link attached for the UCPS student helpdesk.
I have attached the CMS Counselors Canvas page for anyone in need of Social Emotional Support.
I hope everyone is staying safe and healthy! Have a good evening!