- Cuthbertson Middle School (ms)
CMS Update April 19th from Mr. Murray
Over the past few weeks we have begun online learning with our students. Students and parents we thank you for your patience as we navigate our present state of education. Beginning on Tuesday April 21st Cuthbertson will transition to teaching new instructional standards. Similar to our current review of instructional standards, teachers will continue to follow the same schedule, provide quality feedback, check students participation and communicate with families.
At this point we are waiting on word from the North Carolina Department of Public Instruction on guidance related to the grading of students.
Families please remember that all assignments will continue to remain asynchronous for students. Flexibility is the key as students are not expected to be online with teachers at a specific time.
Please see the email portion of my call for more information as we enter “Phase Four” of the UCPS Instructional Response Plan.
Grades 6-8 Communication Highlights
· Schedule will begin on April 21 and assignments will be posted in Canvas by 8:00 a.m. each day.
· Students will spend no more than 75 minutes on activities per subject each day.
· Students receive instruction, assignments, and/or activities in each subject for which they are enrolled.
· Students/parents should direct questions to teachers of the subject/course.
· Teachers will maintain “remote” office hours for a minimum of 2 hours on designated office hours days and should respond to student/parent inquiries within 24 hours to the greatest extent possible.
· Flexibility is key – instruction and activities should take into account each student’s current situation.
· New standards of instruction will be introduced and students are encouraged to stay engaged and participate in the learning opportunities.
· Teachers will track student participation and monitor student progress for feedback.
CHROMEBOOK HELP DESK FOR STUDENTS
Technology Services staff is available to support students and employees during the school closure. A hotline has been organized by cluster to provide assistance. Our cluster number to call is 704-292-7953 Monday-Friday 9AM to 12PM Tickets can be entered any time to the help desk.
CMS COUNSELORS CANVAS SITE
Below is the link to the CMS Counselors Canvas Site for any students in need of Social Emotional Support.
CMS REMOTE LEARNING SCHEDULE
Click below to view the CMS Remote Learning Schedule.
MESSAGE FROM MR. MURRAY
LET'S CELEBRATE THE GREAT WORK OF OUR TEACHERS
I would like to celebrate the great work of all of our teachers. CMS teachers have jumped right into this new reality and have expanded their instructional delivery to meet our students needs. Parents please take the time to thank your students' teachers for the great work they are doing. We understand that school looks different for our students at this time but CMS is going to do everything it can to provide our students the support they need to thrive during this new educational experience.