Union County Public Schools (UCPS) is committed to preparing each graduate for a successful future. We recognize that the world is changing at a rapid pace and all students (K-12) need specific skills to grow. The Portrait of a Graduate outlines characteristics each UCPS student should have upon graduation.
In partnership with parents, students, business owners, educators and industry leaders, the district developed a graduate profile to guide the work. We believe these five qualities will prepare each student to succeed after high school, no matter if they attend college, the military or enter the workforce.
A UCPS graduate is…
- An innovative leader – Rallies others toward a common goal through creativity, integrity and determination. Works to connect with other people through empathy and partnership.
- A resilient problem-solver – Capitalizes on productive struggle, inquiry, discourse and social learning to think critically and solve relevant and meaningful problems. Lifelong learning is driven by the desire for continuous improvement.
- A key contributor – Actively participates in the community and is civic-minded independent and financially literate. Meets the demands of future opportunities and resilience and generosity.
- An effective communicator – Accomplished in the skills of reading, writing, listening, speaking and the use of technology. Possesses confidence and works in an organized manner.
- A skilled collaborator – Works respectfully as a productive member of a team. Demonstrates flexibility and adaptability for success in a rapidly changing world.