Return to Headlines
8th Grade Redhawks Prepare High School Choice Applications
Learn more about preparing for high school.
Wednesday High School Choice Application Help at HSA@MMS:
Hey 8th grade Redhawk families! If you are in need of help to complete the High School Choice applications, we are helping for the next 3 Wednesdays in the circle in front of the school from 11-1pm. Last Wednesday we were able to support several families and there is support for our Spanish speaking families too.
¡Hola, familias de Redhawk de octavo grado! Si necesita ayuda para completar las solicitudes de Elección de escuela secundaria, lo ayudaremos durante los próximos 3 miércoles en el frente de la escuela en el círculo de 11 a 1 pm. El miércoles pasado pudimos apoyar a varias familias y también hay apoyo para nuestras familias de habla hispana.
High School Program Options webpage:
- Bookmark this page and refer to it often as you explore high school program options. http://bit.ly/HSprogramoptions
- Jan. 4 - Feb. 15 - Application period for Central Academy of Technology and Arts (CATA), the Health Sciences Academy at Monroe High, International Baccalaureate (IB) Program at Marvin Ridge High and Union County Early College. Apply via Scribbles.
- Jan. 21, 6 - 8 p.m. - Virtual parent information sessions for CATA, the Health Sciences Academy at Monroe High, IB Program at Marvin Ridge High and Union County Early College. Register via this link.
- Jan. 25 - 30, beginning at 4 p.m. - Virtual Career and Technical Education information sessions - View schedule and pathway options.
- Feb. 1 - 11, beginning at 6 p.m. - Virtual academic and elective information sessions - View schedule and webinar links.
- Feb. 15 - March 26 - High school course registration. Rising ninth-grade students will be registered after all current high school students have completed the registration process. High school counselors will provide further registration information to rising freshmen.
- High school webpages – ucps.k12.nc.us – click on schools
- Secondary Education - https://www.ucps.k12.nc.us/Page/3084
- Career and Technical Education/Career Readiness - https://ucpscte.org/
- College Readiness - https://www.ucps.k12.nc.us/Domain/2916
- Social Media - @UCPSNC @UCPSCollegePrep @UCPSCareerReady
Application on Scribbes: